The Ecology of the Winter Wolf (unpublished AD&D 2nd Edition version)

ajanders

Explorer
Richards said:
"South," I reply to the band of wolves, to my family. "South for a day or two, until we reach the mountains, and a human village called Bordertown. A small settlement, with enough people to make the excursion well worth our while, but not enough to cause us any real threat."
"Humans," says Longclaw, licking his chops, and glancing over at the cubs' helmet play-toy. "We haven't had a good human in a long while."
"Well, all of that's going to change," I reply, a feral grin spreading over my muzzle. I'm thinking of that uppity maid at the inn, imagining the look on her face when we burst into town.
Perfect predator, indeed.

I believe I've just found my next villain :)

linnorm

Explorer
That guide partly inspired one of my current large campaign arcs. I have a winter wolf that was infused with divine power by one of the evil gods to wreak a little havoc. He winds up conquering a good bit of the continent, about three kingdoms worth.

Graywolf-ELM

Explorer
I was searching through the old posts for something else, and ran across this. I really enjoyed it, thank you. I'll be searching for the other ones you posted here.

GW

Graywolf-ELM

Explorer
Richards said:
Glad you liked it, Graywolf-ELM. Do you think your screen name had anything to do with it? :)

Johnathan

No, I enjoyed it for it's own sake. do you have a listing with all of these Ecology articles you've posted here? I'd like to read through all that might interest me. I enjoy perspectives, and I know the ecology articles in Dragon magazine have always numbered amongst my favorites.

GW

Richards

Legend
Graywolf-ELM: If you go to the first post in this thread, at the bottom of that post is a series of links to the "Ecology" articles I've posted to this messageboard. (You'll need to have "view signatures" enabled to do so.)

Johnathan

Graywolf-ELM

Explorer
Richards said:
Graywolf-ELM: If you go to the first post in this thread, at the bottom of that post is a series of links to the "Ecology" articles I've posted to this messageboard. (You'll need to have "view signatures" enabled to do so.)

Johnathan

D'oh, sometimes I get mired in the posting.

Thanks,

GW

Remove ads