Rogue Abilities
Sneak Attack 1d6
Trapfinding

Wizard Abilities
Summon Familiar
Scribe Scroll

HP: 17
AC: 15

SKills: (only listed skills I bought, totals reflect all stat/race bonuses)
Balance 5
Open Locks 5
Climb 3
Decipher Script 7
Hide 7
Disable Device 7
Move Silent 7
Search 9
Slight of Hand 7
Spot 5
Escape Artist 7
Tumble 7
Spellcraft 7
Concentration 7
Knowledge Arcana 3

Feats:
Martial Weapon Prof: Longsword, Rapier, Longbow, Shortbow (elven)
Dodge (1st)
Brew Potion (4th)

5400 starting gold
Weapons
Longsword 1d6/1d8 19-20/x2 15gp
Dagger 1d3/1d4 19-20/x2 2gp
Arrows (40) 2gp
Gear
Backpack 2gp
Bedroll 1sp
scroll case 1gp
Ink 8gp
Inkpen 1sp
Belt Pouch 1gp
Signet ring 5gp
Tent 10gp
Waterskin 1gp
Antitoxin 50gp
Spell Component Pouch 5gp
Spellbook 5gp
Masterwork Thieves tools 100gp
Travelers Outfit (2) 2gp
Trail Rations (6) 3gp
Mule 8gp
Pack Saddle 5gp
Bit & bridle 2gp
Feed (4) 2sp
Paper (10) 4gp
Silk Rope 10gp
Grappling Hook 1gp
Fishhook 1sp
Mirror 10gp

Magic Gear
Longbow +1 2000 gp
Ring Protection +1 2000 gp
Bracers of Armor +1 1000gp
Everburning Torch 110gp
Spent 5362gp and 5sp
Remaining 37gp and 5sp

Familiar:
Hawk Familiar (Red Tailed) (female)
- Tiny sized Magical beast
- Hit Dice: 4d8 (10 hp)
- Initiative: +3
- Speed 10 ft, Fly 60ft (average)
- AC: 19 (+2 size, +3 Dex, +2 natural, +2 familiar nat armor bonus), touch 15, flat footed 15
- Base Attack/Grapple: 2/-10
- Attack: Talons +7 melee (1d4-2)
- Full attack: Talons +7 melee (1d4-2)
- Special Qualities: Low Light vision
- Saves: fort +2 ref +5 will +4
- Abilities: Str 6, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 7, Wis 14, Cha 6
- Skills: Listen +2, Spot +14
- Alertness, improved evasion, share spells, empathic link, deliver touch spells
- Provides master a +3 bonus on spot checks in sunlight
- Provides master with benefit of alertness feat (+2 listen, +2 spot) when within arms reach

Vartis has been training in Cormyr for the past 100 years, but the human wizard he was studying from died from old age, he chose to begin his wandering, looking for new and interesting magics to add to his spell books.

Last edited:

khavren

First Post
1) How would you like to work out the current contents of his spell book?
2) I can scribe scrolls and make potions, can I have done any of that already or should I do all that in the course of play? If I can have made items, let me know costs and I'll redo my purchases, probably downgrade some of my equipment like the thief tools.

Last edited:

Elrik_DarkFury

First Post
Most things fixed, except the region but that will be fixed too .
I would like to pick the dwarven defender prestige class one day (i think this is not going to be anytime soon) :) .
Can't wait to begin .!

Last edited:

excellent.

I may make some slight alteration to the character sheet later today, as well as flesh out a little background.

Can't wait for this to begin :)

khavren let's try to cooperate on our spell selections ok?

Last edited:

DarkMaster

First Post
If you still have room I would like to propose the following character. I would still need buy her equipment if she is accepted(the equipment shown is for a 1st lvl character).

Valeria Van Bron
Chaotic Good human female scout 4
XP

age 20
5'10'' 150'

Str 14
Int 12
wis 11
Dex 16
Con 12
Cha 8

Fortitude +3......base +1 +1 Con+1 battle fort
Reflex +7 ....base +4 +3 dex
Will +2 .......base +1 +1 wis

Init +3
BAB +3
Hp 27

skills total rank
Move sil +10 7
Hide +10 7
spot +8 7
listen +8 7
search +6 5
tumble +12 7
Balance +10 5
jump +9 5
sense motive +6 5
Knowledge(nature) +6 5
climb +7 5
survival +6(+8)* 5
feats combat reflexes, dodge, mobility, spring attack

ability (Skrimish +1d6,+1AC) trap finding, bonus feat, battle Fort+1, fast movement +10, evasion. (Not sure the other I will have to check my book tonight)

Leather armor AC 10+ 2 armor +3 dex = 15 ff 12 touch 13

short bow +6 1d6 20/x3
long spear +5 1d8+3 20/x3 10 reach
4 dagger +5 1d4+2 19-20/x2
4 dagger(thrown) +6 1d4+2 19-20/x2

40 arrow 20 quiver/20 backback
1 bagpack
explorer outfit.
rope silk
3 torch
flint and steel

45.7 gp

Valeria is a beautiful young lady, but she is completly anti-social. She grew up on a farm but never actually did anything on it. Spending her time in the woods away from the society that she despise. As she was growing up her parent didn't know what to do with her, so they forced her to enroll in the king's army.

She didn't want to go but her father signed for her. The next day the guards were there to pick her up. A few days later it was clear that she had a lot of potential but there was no way they could straight her up. So she was sent to trained with the special unit, that scout ahead of the larger army. She excelled at the training, finishing in the top ranks of her unit, but her lack of discipline prevented her from going up the ranks. She didn't care anyway, she was spent in a fort in the northern province. She stayed there for a year without anything happening. Still 19 years to go before her contract end, she still doesn't have friend at the fort, spending her time patrolling the frozen waste away as much as possible from the other helped her go through that year. Fed up one day she left for a patrol and never came back. She barely survived the walk. As she was about to collapse she met a merchant caravan and offered her service. Since then she has been hopping from one caravan to another. Changing without any other reason then wanting something new.

Valeria is a tall, lean and strong dark haired young women. Her hair are usually let loose and not groomed very often covering her beautiful face. She doesn't like people too much and enjoys her liberty above anything else. She usually doesn't stand our in a crowd prefering to stay low profile as possible. She likes it when after going through an area nobody remembers
her.

She is still running away from the military, maybe someone from her northern garrison will one day recognises her. She doubts that she maded a lasting impression on any of them.

khavren

First Post
Alchfrid_Vynerssun said:
khavren let's try to cooperate on our spell selections ok?

Love to, assuming I get to pick all mine. :)

Btw, how would you feel about my also taking a hawk familiar, but female instead of male?

Last edited:

sword-dancer

Explorer
Corron Grassherder
Race:Human
Class: Fighter 2 Rogue 2
Alignment: N(G)
HP: 27
Region Western Heartland

STR 12 +1
CON 12 1
DEX 14 2
INT 14 2
WIS 10
CHA 10

AC: Brigandine(Scale Mail) + 1 1250 P + Light Steel Shield 9
18 = 10 + 2 (DEX) + 5(Armor) + 1 (Shield) + 0(Size)
BAB:3
Longsword MW + 5 d8+1 19-20/x2 315
light Crossbow + 6 d8 19-20/x2 80 ft 335
30 Bolts 3
4 Daggers +4 + 5 (Trown) d4 + 1 19-20/x2 10 ft 8
Saves
Fort 3
Ref 5
Will 0

Skills

Languages: Common, Chondathan Illuskan
Climb 1 6
Survival 2/4
Intimidate 4
Heal 3
Bluff 0 4
Search 2
Gather Information 4
Listen 3
Spot 4
UseRope 2 2
MoveSilently 2 4

Feats& Class Abilities: Sneak Attak(+1d6) trapfinding. Evasion
Weapon and Armor: all simple and Martial Weapons, all Armor and Shields
Weapon Foacus Longsword & Light Crossbow
Precise Shot, Self Sufficient, Track

Equipment
Backpack 2, Exploerers & Cold Weathers Outfit 18 Bedroll +Blanket 6 sp, Climbers Kit 130 MW Silenced), Flint and Steel 1, HealersKit 50, Grappling Hook & Silken Rope 11,
3 Trails Rations, 2 Flasks Alchemists Fire 40, 5 Smokesticks 100, 5 Twinderwigs 5, waterskin 1, 5 Sunrods 10 , Fishhook 1sp

Corren Grassherder was borne in the Small Village Roudisian, two weeks Southeast from Baldurs Gate as the 3rd Child and 2nd Son of the Farmer Lomar Grassberger and His Wife Eralin.
The boy grew upon this farm, but it was clear, the farm couldn`t put them through life, so when the Baron of Marlon called for men to reinforce his mercenarie Company, the flaming Spears, he took the coin and let him written in on the Payroll.
The flaming Spears was mostly a medium Foot Company of Pikes and Halberds, backed up by Crossbow men.
But after he had finished his Base Trainig Corren was recruited in one of the scout Platoons of the Company,because he was better suited to Scout working, the to line Fighting with the Pike.
In the Campaigns that followed,the Scout Platoons had a lot of work at infiltration and sabotag, which included more than a bit of knife work .
After 4 Years the war came more or less to an end, and like many other mercenary companies the Flaming Spears reduced their strengths and Corren was under the men who´re paid out.
After that he lent his skills to the highest acceptable bidder.

Personality and Motivations
The Years of harsh and ruthless war had hardenend him, he isn`t in this trade forGlory.
He`d learned to follow the mercenary code, treat an honorable enemy Honorable.
Stay loyal to your comrades.
Plunder is okay, marauding and burning isn`t
Stay loyal to whoever hired and paid you, as long as he´s loyal to you..
He Honors especially Chauntea and Tempus, but he is lax in his faith.

Corren is 5 feet 5 Great, has brown and dark brown eyes,he has a few small scars on his Hands, arms and on on his left cheek, a medium Stature a bit on the broad side and a suntanned skin
His clothes are plain, travel worn but of good, sturdy qualitie.

ADD on :
I´ve choosen MW Climbing tools, so that they be silenced(lesser Noise) if that is okay.
OTOH there are Gold missing to my Equipment.

2286,6 gp given out
Rest 3113,4

Last edited:

silentspace

First Post
Wyrmslayer, you haven't said anything about whether a psion would be ok, but here's roughly what I've been thinking. There's not much here, as I wanted to see if I could build a character around the party's needs. Any suggestions are welcome. He's got no physical stats to speak of. He wears chain shirt and a heavy shield, with which he is not proficient, taking heavy acp penalties. His offensive powers are of the kind that don't require attack rolls.

He'll probably go Thrallherd eventually, though the game probably won't last that long ;)

Sun Elf Telepath 4

Str 9 (1 pts)
Dex 8 (0 pts)
Con 10 (4 pts, -2 racial)
Int 21 (16 pts, +2 racial, +1 level)
Wis 10 (2 pts)
Cha 10 (2 pts)

luck of heroes?? (level 1)
??? (psion 1)
??? (level 3)

1-mind thrust, mindlink, telempathic projection, vigor
2-energy push, energy stun, psionic suggestion, read thoughts,