The Essential Guide to a GM’s Notebook *Updated 11/10 - Chapter 12*

Bibliophile

First Post
Nightcloak said:
Sorry, there is only so much you can put into one notebook!

On the flip side, I have greatly enjoyed the creative aspective of this writing project and am now contemplating a new thread.

Not sure what yet, but I have a few ideas.

New threads? Oh? Do tell!

Nightcloak

First Post
Bibliophile said:
New threads? Oh? Do tell!

Just a few ideas I'm kicking around. Maybe a campaign building thread or GMing advice thread.

The jury is out, really.

Since everyone has been wonderfully supportive of this little project, I was thinking of just opening up the discussion to everyone and asking what they, as in you, would like to see. :)

themind

Explorer
I too would like to see a campaign making thread. An idea for a campaign came to me the other day and advice on making it work would be great to have.

Macrovore

First Post
Catavarie said:
Well here is my DM Notebook thus far, still working on names of locations and shops, but I think that I'm comming along nicely thus far. :D

EDITED:

Well I've dones a bit more work, and added in a few more tabs with info, and filled in some holes I had, if anyone can think of anything else I may be missing I'd be very apprecative. And everyone feel free to use my notebook if you like, consider it Freeware for you all. :D

I couldn't open it, could you make it into an excel document?

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
I recently added a new chapter to my DM's notebook: Timeline. I started it because I killed the paladin/sorcerer's familiar, and wanted to keep track of how long would have to go by until he can summon a new one. Now I use it for all sorts of stuff! I find it really helps me keep track of the passage of time in-game.

-blarg

Nightcloak

First Post
Sorry for the delay folks. RL work has been a @#$% and I have returned to school. What little time I have had to work on this has been spread over the extra length of Essential #12. It is rather involved for a typical post (another two-parts) - forcing we to rework a lot of notes and add an example for clarity.

Gold Roger

First Post
Ok, a lot of this advice will be extremely helpfull in my games. Granted nearly no magical treasure and extremely few monsters (except neogi and chuul) make those chapters less necesarry and since it's the world of thousand oceans, where every island has it's own brews and food, a pricelist with specific food would take a book for itself. But the rest I'll definitely try.
I already have NPC's and towns on index cards and keep it that way.
The results of my previous attempts of timekeeping/gamelogging can only be called moderate, but I'll keep on trying!

Remove ads