The Ethics of Two Way Ignore

Reynard

Legend
Reynard, one of the features of that setting was that you could still see the opening posts of posters that blocked you with that setting so that you would see the threads and not essentially be thread banned by a user.
I remember it occurring quite a while ago (6 months or so). I thought that was the normal way the feature behaved.

Maybe it is a persistent bug?

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I remember it occurring quite a while ago (6 months or so). I thought that was the normal way the feature behaved.

Maybe it is a persistent bug?
I have been consistently posting in such a thread up through yesterday, and some time yesterday I suddenly was unable to see the thread.

Aldarc

Legend
If they have you on two way ignore you can't see the thread.
I recently had a case where I discover that two-way ignore doesn't always work as intended. I have Two-Way Ignore enabled, and I found out recently that someone on my Ignore list somehow managed to respond to one of my posts. I have no idea how they saw my post much less respond to it.

Thomas Shey

Legend
I recently had a case where I discover that two-way ignore doesn't always work as intended. I have Two-Way Ignore enabled, and I found out recently that someone on my Ignore list somehow managed to respond to one of my posts. I have no idea how they saw my post much less respond to it.

There's a way to see posts for someone you blocked, but as far as I know responding to it would require a particularly arcane and deliberate action.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter

An original post (at least in 2021 they were supposed to be able to see the OP for all threads), or a response later on (they shouldn't without cheating)?

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
There's a way to see posts for someone you blocked,
It’s one of the 2 options in the ignore settings. Decheck it and you see those you’ve blocked (not just ignored).
but as far as I know responding to it would require a particularly arcane and deliberate action.
Very easy to accidentally do so, especially without fully understanding how those settings interact and especially if you were used to ignoring people, being able to see their posts and respond as desired. (All ignored does in that situation is initially hide their message until you click the in-thread reveal ignored message.)

Remove ads