The Ethics of Two Way Ignore

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
It's certainly an interesting perspective when a school yard bully says, "That kid ignored me and forced me not to take his lunch money!"
Not what I said. It's more like the kid ignoring me and then having the school yard teachers also remove me from the school yard against my will just so I can't see him.

Reynard

Legend
And I would except then I would miss out on those nuggets that pop up from time to time.
Ignore is a personal tool. We each use it -- or don't-- for our own reasons. Sometimes I find blocking someone who brings out my inner jerk to be a much more effective method of keeping my own peace of mind here. I'm not worried about missing the "nuggets" because there are always more nuggets on ENWorld.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Ignore is a personal tool. We each use it -- or don't-- for our own reasons. Sometimes I find blocking someone who brings out my inner jerk to be a much more effective method of keeping my own peace of mind here. I'm not worried about missing the "nuggets" because there are always more nuggets on ENWorld.
I thought you could only either block everyone or ignore everyone on your list?

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I thought you could only either block everyone or ignore everyone on your list?

Yup! Whatever you click applies to everyone you've ignored.

1714064172649.png

Last edited:

FrogReaver

I don't follow. Can you rephrase?
There is no way for you to ignore me (not see my posts but let me see yours) while simultaneously blocking maxperson (not seeing his posts while preventing him from seeing yours).

*Caveat on the options you can set your block/ignore up so you can see the posts of those you’ve ignored/blocked by clicking on an inthread see ignored posts option. Ignore configuration must have the appropriate option deselected.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
And that's valid. You feel that way. I don't. For me, in all the time I've been here, there has only been one person who got me to the point where I blocked him and it happened late last year or early this year. I have a high tolerance since posts are just words and I do care about missing out on those nuggets.

FrogReaver

Ignore is a personal tool.
Assuming you mean block - it’s a bit beyond a personal tool when it impacts others IMO.
We each use it -- or don't-- for our own reasons. Sometimes I find blocking someone who brings out my inner jerk to be a much more effective method of keeping my own peace of mind here.
I 100% understand this as I’m much the same. I’d just question why 1-way ignore instead of 2-way block doesn’t accomplish the same thing for you?

Remove ads