D&D 5E The Fall of Blackmoor (IC)

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Ngoya

The area of the city between the 4th and 3rd walls is mostly residential, though of a better economic standing than those living in the entry district. Still, the difference is barely relevant as the buildings are packed closely together and it appears numerous families share single room domiciles. Each house has a tiny section of land, most of which have a few vegetable and/or tea plants.

The 3rd wall was apparently originally built from adobe with a wooden frame and is falling apart along most of its length, having been neglected for years. Beyond the 3rd wall are the government buildings, most of which are large stone structures. The black building, the army garrison, is situated next to the prison, a massive, imposing structure with gargoyles leering inward on the outer wall. The courtyard of the prison features a gallows very prominently in view of both the general populace passing by and the inmates. There is also a whipping post in the courtyard.

The garrison is slightly less imposing, but still intimidating. Training yards feature practice mannequins and shooting targets, both for archers and gunners. A squad of warriors is currently using the yard and a sweaty captain is observing them. He notices Ngoya's approach and calls for a break. The man is covered in scars, including one snaking across his face, bisecting the bridge of his nose. He smiles, making his face even more gruesome, "Only one reason you're here. I'm assuming you're from one of the nomad tribes out east?"

Skarsgard

Explorer
Ngoya

Despite her best efforts to look down upon the tribeless as less than the people of the forest, Ngoya was beginning to appreciate the scale of their settlement and the enormous efforts of these people to maintain it.

Looking to warrior up and down and examining the warriors training in the grounds Ngoya looks up at the ugly tribeless male.

"I am of Forest Deer, I am here to see the one called Lattimer to see if he has need of scouts."

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Ngoya

"Well, you have found Lattimer. Forest Deer? I'm not familiar with that one, but we've had a few of the nomads from other tribes join our ranks in the past. I got a lot of respect for you folks and your skills."

He calls over one of the recruits training in the yard, a young man named Andus. Lattimer tosses Ngoya and Andus training swords - wooden swords with blunt edges - likely to delivers some potent bruises but not much more than that.

"Show me what you got."

Skarsgard

Explorer
Ngoya

Ngoya catches the wooden blade and twirls it around in her hand for a moment to get a feel for the weight. Walking over to the nearby wall she shrugs off her pack and carefully places her shortbow and arrows against it. Drawing out her various other weapons she places the near her pack and then picking up the wooden blade she walk back to where Lattimer and Andus stand.

"Well met then Lattimer, I am Ngoya Utonga of Forest Deer." she inclines her head slightly, to the same level one would for a protector of her tribe. "Do I need to kill him to take his place?"

Before they can respond she launches into a blistering attack.

[sblock=ooc] do you need rolls or are you just going to work off averages? [/sblock]

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Ngoya

Ngoya catches Andus by surprise and only by sheer luck does Andus manage to duck under Ngoya's swing. Lattimer claps and laughs and the rest of the recruits in the training yard quickly gather to watch as Andus recovers and spins around with his a swing of his own.

[roll0] [roll1]

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Ngoya

And the impromptu sparring match is over just like that as Andus takes a wooden sword to the side of the head, a blow that surely would have decapitated him if it were a real sword in Ngoya's hands. As it is, he drops to the ground, barely conscious.

Lattimer steps in, smiling, "To answer your question, no, I'd prefer you didn't kill him." He turns to the crowd of recruits, "Drag this sorry piece of goblin dung to the infirmary."

As the others drag Andus away, Lattimer turns his scarred face to regard Ngoya, "You can expect three things working for me. One, you'll never be bored. Two, the city barely pays enough to cover our living expenses. Three, if you survive, you get to keep a share of whatever loot we discover, so its still worth it."

He glances down at Andus' wooden sword still lying on the ground, "If you survive."

Skarsgard

Explorer
Ngoya

"As long as I get to hunt elves I will be yours." Ngoya responds. "Though I am fair with the blade, I am more skilled as a hunter and tracker."

Moving over to her gear she picks in up and turns to Lattimer. "Where do I put my things?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases