The Fall of Plaguestone

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"What a dump," whispered Hiromi to the person standing next to her. "Let's fan out and surround the place in case he tries to make a break for it. Once everyone is in place, I'll try the front door."
 

log in or register to remove this ad


FitzTheRuke

Legend
Hiromi nodded her thanks to Pak and waved to the others to take up positions at other places surrounding the house. When they were ready, she approached the door and cautiously checked the rope system, to see if it were really just to hold the door in the wind, or if it were some sort of rustic trap.

OOC: How does that even work in PF2? Looks like the GM makes a secret Seek Action check for her with her +6 perception. You know, if anything is there, otherwise don't bother.
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Galahad nods and slips off to find a hiding spot in the area he's meant to cover.

Generally it's up to the GM to determine what they want, but yes, this would be a secret roll at this point. For stealth checks as well as perception. (Galahad has a +6 Stealth and a +5 perception. He'd be taking the 'avoid notice' activity at this point.)
 


KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)
Summer/Day 3/0745
Weather: Normal for the season (hot), light wind, heavy rain
Round 0

Pak heads to the right. He has to contend with more overgrown grass along that side of the house. He passes the exterior stones of the fireplace and chimney, and when he turns the corner for the back of the house, sees another shuttered window there.

Galahad heads in the other direction on the left side of the house. There is a clear gravel path here that leads along behind the house where there is another shuttered window, and then the path leads off into the woods. There was plenty of tall grass for Galahad to hide in.

As Hiromi studies the rope, she notices something. The rope is connected to a thin piece of barely visible fishing line that leads into the rubble that lays around inside the house. Crouching down, she can see that buried in the rubble is an old heavy crossbow that has been rigged to fire a spear at anyone who releases the rope from the door. Someone trained in this type of thing might be able to disarm it.

Grimsby took up a position nearby, ready for trouble.


Help Sir Lawrence quiet Talmore’s ghost.



Silvi (+7) AC 13 HP 13/19(13) (drained 6)
Galahad (+3) AC 18 HP 15/15
Hiromi (+6) AC 17 HP 17/17
Pakuten (+3) AC 18 HP 16/16
Grimsby (+7) AC 17/16(clumsy) HP 25/25
Mortimer

Party XP: 210
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Hiromi stepped off to the side of the door, where she was safe from the spear-launcher, and she untied her scabbard from her belt. With her sword still inside, she tucked the scabbard through a hole in the door until it lightly touched the fishing line. Then, looking to see that everyone was out of the way, she flicked her wrist and set off the trap.

OOC: Does that require a roll?
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)
Summer/Day 3/0750
Weather: Normal for the season (hot), light wind, heavy rain
Round 0

Making sure everyone was clear of the line of fire, Hiromi deftly set off the spear trap. The spear launched and slammed itself into the door, the rusty head splitting the panels a bit as it stuck. The door swung wildly, slamming against the outside of the hovel, hanging at an odd angle from one hinge.

OOC: No roll needed since you didn’t actually try and disarm it. You just triggered it safely.



Help Sir Lawrence quiet Talmore’s ghost.



Silvi (+7) AC 13 HP 13/19(13) (drained 6)
Galahad (+3) AC 18 HP 15/15
Hiromi (+6) AC 17 HP 17/17
Pakuten (+3) AC 18 HP 16/16
Grimsby (+7) AC 17/16(clumsy) HP 25/25
Mortimer

Party XP: 210
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The door now open, and the noise presumably alerting anyone nearby, Hiromi quickly drew her sword, holding the scabbard in her off hand. She took one quick peek through the door to see what she could see, and then stepped through, calling out, "Hallod! If you are here, come forth! We have questions that need answers!"
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
That sound seemed rather loud. Galahad drew his sword as slowly as he could, attempting to stay hidden should Herrod fkee in his direction, but wanting to be ready, should there be violence.
 

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases

Top