The Fall of Plaguestone

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Hiromi was immediately curious about the new arrival. She approached and said, "Hello, friend and welcome! I'm sure we can find a place out of the rain for you and your burden. What brings you here on such a dreary day?"

She looked to see if the Feedmill was reopen and led the stranger to shelter.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)/Hallod’s home
Summer/Day 3/1235
Weather: Normal for the season (hot), light wind, heavy rain
Round 0

Silvi eagerly took Hallod’s chest aside with the key they had found on Hallod. She puts the key in the lock, but unfortunately she didn’t check the chest first. A spine sprung out of the lock frame and pierced her finger. ( 1 piercing damage) She hissed and shook her finger, feeling the burn of poison, but that eventually faded (Success on Fort save).

Silvi finished opening the chest, she found several pieces of parchment. There were 14 receipts that corresponded to transactions they had found in Bort’s ledgers. A parchment scrap listed each transaction with prices listed as slightly higher than in Bort’s books, indicating that Hallod was skimming. That was probably the origin of the 21 gold pieces and 37 silver pieces in the chest, all that remained of that embezzled coin. Silvi turned over the transaction list and found that on the back was a crudely drawn map of Hallod’s cave system helpfully labeled HIDEOUT. From there, a winding path was drawn to what looked like a clearing with a tree stump labeled DROP POINT. (30 XP)

Hiromi moved out into the rain to address the new arrival. The Feedmill was open again to get out of the rain. The cloaked woman moved her sledge as close under the eaves as she could and removed the tarp, revealing the bodies of several slain wolves. She turned to Hiromi, and despite having her cloak’s hood pulled low, Hiromi could make out weathered lips and a slender
chin. In a pointed tone, the stranger asked, “Is this your work?”

Hiromi notes that one of the wolves is the blighted one they had fought on the road just before arriving in Etran’s Folly.

@Leatherhead
@VLAD the Destroyer
@FitzTheRuke
@Kaodi
@JustinCase

Silvi
Pakuten
Hiromi
Grimsby
Mortimer

Silvi (+7) AC 13 DC 17 HP 7/19(13) (drained 6)
Hiromi (+6) AC 17 HP 17/17
Pakuten (+3) AC 18(16) HP 11/16
Grimsby (+7) AC 17/16(clumsy) HP 10/25
Mortimer (+8) AC 17 HP 16/16

Silvi: 21 gp, 37 sp, receipts, map

Help Sir Lawrence quiet Talmore’s ghost.
Who is V?

Party XP: 460

Kaodi

Hero
Smarting from the needle prick and now semi-delirious Silvi puts her finger up to her lips to suck out the poison while casting a sidelong glance at the other proceedings. Turning her head away to obscure what she is doing she spits out the poison, hoping that no one else saw her and noticed her rookie mistake. Shuffling through the contents of the box the gnome cannot help be disappointed though. There was a good deal of coin and evidence but nothing that really piqued her interest.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Oh yes," answered Hiromi, "Poor things were rabid and starving. Attacked us on the road. There wasn't much we could do but put them down, I'm sorry to say."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)/Hallod’s home
Summer/Day 3/1240
Weather: Normal for the season (hot), light wind, heavy rain
Round 0

“I am Noala Kesrir,” the woman introduced herself to Hiromi, pushing back her hood to reveal an older elf woman with blonde hair and green eyes. Her face still held the elven beauty, but was worn and weathered. “May I speak with you and your friends privately?” she asked.

Delma appeared in the Feedmill’s doorway. “Get inside out of the rain, Noala!” the innkeeper said. “Let’s get something warm in you.”

“Please join me?”
Noala asked the party.

Sheriff Rolth rolled his eyes. “These folks don’t have time for your tree problems, elf!” he said as he scratched his prodigious belly.

@Leatherhead
@VLAD the Destroyer
@FitzTheRuke
@Kaodi
@JustinCase

Silvi
Pakuten
Hiromi
Grimsby
Mortimer

Silvi (+7) AC 13 DC 17 HP 7/19(13) (drained 6)
Hiromi (+6) AC 17 HP 17/17
Pakuten (+3) AC 18(16) HP 11/16
Grimsby (+7) AC 17/16(clumsy) HP 10/25
Mortimer (+8) AC 17 HP 16/16

Silvi: 21 gp, 37 sp, receipts, map

Help Sir Lawrence quiet Talmore’s ghost.
Who is V?

Party XP: 460

Kaodi

Hero
Silvi gathers up the contents of the lockbox and clambers to her feet. "The more problems the merrier!" the gnome exclaims, half-crazed. "I feel like I am about ready to fade right away. So I, for one, would be happy to take a moment inside to sit down and listen to your tree problems. Well, as long as you do not not it against me if I pass out in the middle of it, hahahahaha, ah, ha..." With that she wobbles into the Feedmill and out of the rain.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Hiromi pulled a chair for Silvi and steadied her with a hand while speaking to Noala, "Yes, we'd be happy to hear about your tree troubles. Maybe you could help us in return."

Remove ads