The Fall of Plaguestone

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)
Evening
Round 0

Bort returned to the tavern an hour later and invited the party to join him for supper. He had a table reserved up on the dais next to the barely competent bard that was playing his three chords and warbling out a semi-recognizable tune.

The rest of the Feedmill filled up with locals, mostly farmers. One of the locals seems to have fine clothes, but stained and worn. He was already unsteady when he came into the Feedmill, and he kept up a bottomless mug of the turnip ale, barely touching his food, as he leaned back dangerously in his chair. Olf and Ulf had found a local farmer that shared their love of gambling and getting drunk.

Kolnral and Trin came out with the first dishes of the meal, hot, steaming pheasant, roasted turnip, and seedcake, a little burnt, then started a round of the weak turnip ale for everyone enjoying the meal.

“Ah, I ever tell ye o’ tha’ time I face tha’ fire giant?” Bort said. “‘Twas in the Five Kings Mountains, ‘twas. ‘Ad me a nice load o’ timber from Isger. This fire giant come oot o’ naewhere and captured us up. Hung us by our ankle’s, ‘e did, while ‘e boiled up a nice cauldron o’ water t’ make a delicious dwarf soup! Smelled sae guid I almost wished I cuild’ae been invited t’ dinner instead o’ bein’ th’dinner!” He gave a hearty guffaw at his own joke. “Well, ol’ Bort, I said. Ye best think o’ somethin’. Then I remembered this special cargo I ‘ad. ‘Ad me a load o’ frostblooms f’r this alchemist, I did. Very rare. Well, Ol’ Giant! I yelled. If ye really wan’ t’ make tha’ soup the finest ye e’er ‘ad, throw in them ‘erbs I go’ in tha’ chest o’er there. Finest ye’ll ever get this side o’ Osirian, I tot’ ‘im. Well, ‘e chucked ‘em inta tha’ soup an’ ‘ad a taste, an’ ‘is mouth promptly froze shut! Ha! He flailed aroon’ all angry an’ upset -- an’ hungry, t’ boot -- an’ I managed t’ get me knife oot o’ me boot an’ cut me an’ me crew free. Well, we ‘igh-tailed it oot o’ there roight quick, we did!” Finishing his tale, Bort chugged down a mug of turnip ale and wiped his beard. “Remind me t’ tell ye o’ the time I convinced ol’ Pharasma I werenae dead yet!”

Bort had plenty of other tales to tell, which the locals seemed to eat up, completely outclassing the poor bard. As the dessert of turnip porridge was coming out, the drunk man leaning in his chair accidentally bumped the gambling farmer as he was returning from the bar to the game, making him spill his turnip ale all down his front. The drunken farmer started yelling, and soon was throwing punches. The pair knocked over tables, and soon the entire Feedmill was engulfed in a bar brawl!

Bort stood up, yelling and trying to calm things, and had to duck a flying chair that came his way!

OOC: What do you want to do? The entire common room is Difficult Ground, as it’s pretty much chaos and fighting, drunken farmers.

[OOC=Silvi]You notice the drunk that had inadvertently started the fight by bumping the farmer slip out the front door during the fight.[/OOC]

[OOC=Varen]You notice that Phinick the goblin ran out the back door during the fight.[/OOC]

[OOC=Hiromi]You see Delma, the owner and bartender, leave during the fight.[/OOC]

[OOC=Jewel]You see Trin, the server lady, get hit by a thrown mug early in the fight and flee out through the stables.[/OOC]

Action:
Action:
Action:

Initiative
Trevor
Jewel
Silvi
Lavinia
Galahad
Varen
Hiromi

Silvi AC 13 HP 19/19
Trevor AC 18 HP 20/20
Galahad AC 18 HP 15/15
Hiromi AC 17 HP 17/17 Fatigue 1
Varen AC 18 HP 20/20
Lavina AC 19 HP 19/19 Fatigue 1
Jewel AC 16 HP 19/19

Party XP: 80

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Hiromi felt that a distraction was in order. She nudged Trevor and quickly showed him how to stomp his foot to a particular beat. Then she got the bard's attention and got him to strum the most basic chord. When this was ready, though no one had noticed. She began to dance. She chose a simple, but unsubtle dance that had been a favourite of working men.

OOC: She'd have to Crit to use her Fascinating Performance (because they are fighting), but this might get a few people to stop and watch: Perform: 1D20+5 = [14]+5 = 19 I guess she's tired, so I think that's actually an 18.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Galahad had been watching for trouble, he'd had plenty of opportunities to obseve soldiers in their need to shrug their responsibilities for a few hours. And he could swear most of them were just looking for an excuse to get into a fight. Not maliciously, so much as a form of stress relief.

Galahad had quickly recognized the same need in these farmers and as the fight broke out, he got up and quickly headed towards tge nearest exit. He had no interest in either joiningnthe fracas nor trying to break it up.

Kaodi

Hero
Wholly unsuited to a brawl with a load of big folk and her curiosity piqued by the stealthy exit of the man who helped cause this outbreak Silvi moves to follow him outside. The gnome had to be careful not to be trampled in the melee - that was one experience she did not need to repeat! She was not much good at the sneaky sneaky despite her diminutive stature, but she could probably talk her way out of any problem caused by her unwelcome attention.

CharlotteOz

Explorer
Lavina is quite happy to ignore the bar fight until someone lands on her Shepard's pie. She stares, for a long moment, at the ruined desert, and then slowly stands.

She momentarily readies her crane stance, preparing to attack,a nd then thinks better of it. Even though she could easily strike to stun and never kill, there were other ways. Instead, she whistled for someone to join her as she made her way for the door, to get the water trough that the horses drank out of.

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
Varen looks at the chaotic melee unfolding before his eyes with disappointment. He loves a good brawl, but these folks seem to be genuinely angry with each other. Still he's more concerned with the folks who might have started it. He will rush after Phinick, waving his compatriots to follow.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)
Evening
Round 0

Hiromi’s dancing catches the attention of a few of the closer fighting farmers -- and also a few flying ale mugs. They look at her in confusion, and a few of them get clocked out cold by those still fighting, but she’s having something of an effect, at least in the area near Bort’s table.

Mug attack: 1D20+1 = [6]+1 = 7
1D3+3 = [3]+3 = 6

Galahad struggled through the crowd of fighting farmers, trying to get out of the fray. But one of the farmers stepped in his way and threw a punch at the alchemist’s face.

Fist attack: 1D20+5 = [10]+5 = 15
1D4+3 = [3]+3 = 6

Silvi had about the same luck as Galahad in trying to get away. No one really seemed to care who they hit. A drunken farmer grabbed a chair and tried to hit Silvi with it.

Chair attack: 1D20+3 = [15]+3 = 18
1D6+3 = [4]+3 = 7

Trevor’s yell for calm only brought a mug flying at his head.

Mug attack: 1D20+1 = [18]+1 = 19
1D3+3 = [2]+3 = 5

As Lavina tried for the exit, a farmer stepped in her way, swinging a large fist.

Fist attack: 1D20+5 = [15]+5 = 20
1D4+3 = [1]+3 = 4

As Varen tried to follow the goblin, he was met with a chair coming at his head.

Chair attack: 1D20+3 = [16]+3 = 19
1D6+3 = [2]+3 = 5

OOC: I’m counting Hiromi’s dancing as 1 success.

Action:
Action:
Action:

Initiative
Trevor
Jewel
Silvi
Lavinia
Galahad
Varen
Hiromi

Silvi AC 13 HP 19/19
Trevor AC 18 HP 20/20
Galahad AC 18 HP 15/15
Hiromi AC 17 HP 17/17 Fatigue 1
Varen AC 18 HP 20/20
Lavina AC 19 HP 19/19 Fatigue 1
Jewel AC 16 HP 19/19

Party XP: 80

Kaodi

Hero
Silvi stumbles as the much bigger person slams a chair into her, and suddenly the gnome is fearful. This was madness! What if she had just been a child? The gnome pushes through the crowd as best she can and rushes for the door while drawing the ambient magic around her into a protective shield.

OOC: 1. Move. 2. Move. 3. Verbal Casting: Shield.

Remove ads