The Fall of Plaguestone

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Galahad felt the impact of the man's fist against his armor. It didn't hurt, but it was rather annoying in the spur of the moment. He glanced at the attacker who was waving his hand around in front of him. Apparently, he'd caught one of the studs of Galahads armor on his knuckle. Served him right.

But this was getting out of hand. With a sigh, galahad pulled a vial from his bandoliers and mixed up a little surprise on the fly. Suddenly smoke came billowing out of the vial, filling a goodly portion of the room within moments. Knowing this would cause a bit of pandemonium, as people inevitably reacted in certain ways to smoke, he simply tucked himself into a corner to wait out the chaos.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)
Evening
Round 0

As Silvi tried to evade her assailant, Trevor dropped a farmer with a couple well-placed punches. And then Galahad filled the tavern with smoke. Coughing and weezing, the tavern started to clear out.

Delma, the tavern owner, returned with a portly man with a receding hairline. He sighed and shook his head, going over to the gaggle of farmers and giving them a talking to.

“Tha’s Rolth Garley, the sheriff ‘round ‘ere,” Bort explained, looking longingly toward the tavern where his turnip porridge was getting cold.

After determining there was no fire, Delma opened the windows to clear the smoke out and invited everyone back inside. “Come! Let’s eat this delicious dessert b’fore it gets cold,” he invited the party.

“Sae one day I was crossin’ Lake Encarthen,” Bort began another story between bites of his porridge. “An’ this monster storm blew up an’ me ship capsized!” He gave a cough and a choking sound, hit his chest with his fist, and laughed. “We bit o’ indigestion,” he said. “Anyway, I grabbed me one o’ me valuable lockboxes as I went doon b’neath the waves. Next thing I know, I’m wakin’ up in front o’ bluidy Pharasma!”

As Bort mentioned the goddess of death, he started coughing again. This time it seemed more serious. He clutched at his throat, and started to turn purple. His mouth moved ineffectually, and started frothing.

Action:
Action:
Action:

Initiative
Trevor
Jewel
Silvi
Lavinia
Galahad
Varen
Hiromi

Silvi AC 13 HP 12/19 Shield
Trevor AC 18 HP 20/20
Galahad AC 18 HP 15/15
Hiromi AC 17 HP 17/17 Fatigue 1
Varen AC 18 HP 20/20
Lavina AC 19 HP 19/19 Fatigue 1
Jewel AC 16 HP 19/19

Drunken Farmer (Trevor) AC 13 HP 13/13

Party XP: 80

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Are you choking?" asked Hiromi, concerned. It appeared that he was, and she stood and began to see if she could find a way to help, but she was tired and suddenly could not remember her training.

OOC: Medicine']CoyoteCode Dice Roller: 1D20+4 = [2]+4 = 6[/url] Actually -1 from fatigue. So 5. Someone push her out of the way before she kills him.

CharlotteOz

Explorer
Lavina's eyebrows shoot up, and she also attempts to treat Bort...

Lavina has no training in Medicine, but she does have training in Nature and her background allows her to use Nature to Treat Wounds. So, Nature check: Nature!: 1d20+5-1 6

No luck here, either.

Kaodi

Hero
Still shaken by the irrational violence of the brawlers Silvi lingers outside longer than the others. Where had that man gone, she wondered? But when she hears Bort coughing and choking she shoots back into the tavern. "Uh oh," she exclaims as she rushes to his aid, "I do not think dwarves are supposed to come in that shade!"

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)
Evening
Round 0

Hiromi and Lavina can offer no help, but Silvi rushes in. She can tell that Bort isn’t choking on anything. His throat has swollen shut. He’s been poisoned!

Despite everything the gnome cleric tried, it was to no avail. Whatever had poisoned him, there was too much. The dwarf caravan leader clawed at the table, knocking aside his empty bowl of the turnip porridge, and collapsed, dead.

The milling farmers in the tavern watched the scene play out, murmuring in surprise. “Someone better go get the sheriff again,” someone muttered.

Action:
Action:
Action:

Initiative
Trevor
Jewel
Silvi
Lavinia
Galahad
Varen
Hiromi

Silvi AC 13 HP 12/19
Trevor AC 18 HP 20/20
Galahad AC 18 HP 15/15
Hiromi AC 17 HP 17/17 Fatigue 1
Varen AC 18 HP 20/20
Lavina AC 19 HP 19/19 Fatigue 1
Jewel AC 16 HP 19/19

Drunken Farmer (Trevor) AC 13 HP 13/13

Party XP: 80

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Galahad was also quick to respond, but where others attempted to treat the dwarf with their medical knowledge, he fed a vial of elixir of life down the dwarf's throat.

I rolled Medicine, but technically I can use craft for all of it's trained uses. That should make a 20 for me as well. But more importantly, Elixir of Life is part antitoxin and gives a +1 to saves.

Medicine: 1d20+5 19[/color]

Kaodi

Hero
"Oh no..." the little gnome despairs. "Bort, I..." Silvi slowly pulls her Desnan medallion out from inside her shirt, hand shaking. "Wherever your spirit may go let that final journey be swift and unhindered." She looks up to the gathered crowd. "He was poisoned! Why would someone do something like that?" she cries out. She pauses a moment and her head turns slightly to the side. Could the man who started the brawl have something to do with it?

Remove ads