The Fall of Plaguestone

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Oops! Looks like my post was later than I thought. I only just realized that he was dead. Er, anyways, guess I saved a potion. Moving on. Uh, can I use that check to ID the poison instead then?

Realizing that he was entirely too late, Galahad leaned down, helping ease the dwarf down into a more natural position. He sighed innfrustratiom as he studdiedbthe corpse for tell-tales, hoping to at least determine which poison had beennused to do the deed.

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)
Evening
Round 0

Galahad is able to identify the poison as something called Violet Breath. It is extremely potent, and given the likely amount hidden in the turnip porridge, Bort was probably always beyond saving.

“Out of the way!” The man Delma had retrieved to deal with the fight pushed his way to the fore of the crowd and stared down at Bort’s body. His eyes widened and he blinked, looking around, as if wishing for this to be anyone’s responsibility but his.

“Um...cover the body,” he ordered, and Kolnral, the male server, brought over an old tablecloth to put over Bort as everyone stood around muttering and speculating.

“All of you!” the man said, pointing at the party and the other members of the caravan crew. “To the stables! I want to question you,” he bloviates officially.

“Kitchen’s closed!” Delma calls out, and the farmers, with little else to occupy their evening, slowly begin to disperse from the Feedmill and back to their homes.

In the stables, the officious man introduces himself as Rolf Garley, the sheriff, and starts his interrogations of the party and the crew.

Action:
Action:
Action:

Initiative
Trevor
Jewel
Silvi
Lavinia
Galahad
Varen
Hiromi

Silvi AC 13 HP 12/19
Trevor AC 18 HP 20/20
Galahad AC 18 HP 15/15
Hiromi AC 17 HP 17/17 Fatigue 1
Varen AC 18 HP 20/20
Lavina AC 19 HP 19/19 Fatigue 1
Jewel AC 16 HP 19/19

Drunken Farmer (Trevor) AC 13 HP 13/13

Party XP: 80

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Galahad was the first to be questioned as he'd had the most recent contact with the body.

"My name is Galahad Lightfoot, I served as a chirugeon in the last war. I attempted to save the victim, but by the time I got to him he was already dead. I can tell you that the poison is called violet death and there was enough of it in his bowl to have killed ten dwarves."

As he was questioned as to the circumstances of the brawl he responds.

"I didn't really see what started the fight. I'm just used to dealing with Soldiers and would rather avoid any fighting myself. Some farmer took a swing at me though, so rather than fighting my way out, I simply used a little alchemical trick I know to create a thick smoke cloud. Nothing dangerous, but effective at clearing out a crowd. No, I didn't see who poisoned the soup, I'm sorry.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Evening
Round 0

“We were drinking and gambling with this farmer named Eallom both before and after the fight,” Olf and Ulf said. They seemed to have a solid alibi.

Rolf scratched his head and looked at the others. “And the rest of you?” he asked. “Where were you all? Did you see anything?”

Action:
Action:
Action:

Initiative
Trevor
Jewel
Silvi
Lavinia
Galahad
Varen
Hiromi

Silvi AC 13 HP 12/19
Trevor AC 18 HP 20/20
Galahad AC 18 HP 15/15
Varen AC 18 HP 20/20
Jewel AC 16 HP 19/19

Kaodi

Hero
"I was enjoying my evening in the company of my travelling companions when the fight broke out," says Silvi. "I saw the man who started it all slip out of the front door during the Brawl. I was going to see what happened to him when I heard the cries of distress back in the tavern." Tears well up in the little gnomes eyes. "I tried to save Bort but it was too late."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"I tried to call things down with a dance performance, but it didn't help, of course." said Hiromi, sounding defeated, "I don't know why I thought it would..."

CharlotteOz

Explorer
"I am Lavina, a humble halfling. I was traveling with my companions and stopped for a small bite to eat, in portions that admittedly could be more generous but that's not relevant right now.

"When the fight broke out, I made for the stables, in hopes of fetching enough water to dunk on the heads of drunkards that they would come to some sense. Then our poor man there started to choke, and try as we might we could do nothing."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Evening
Round 0

“So you all so no one except you folk around Bort and his food all night?” Rolf asked. He sighed and ran his hand through his thinning hair. His eyes looked them all over nervously. This clearly wasn’t something he’d signed up for when his uncle made him sheriff.

“Okay, look, I’ll have to be turning this over to the circuit judge. He’ll be able to figure this out. But Lord Mubbage Cranberry won’t be back for another month. So you all can’t leave town since you’re all suspects. I can’t rule any of you out.”

Action:
Action:
Action:

Initiative
Trevor
Jewel
Silvi
Lavinia
Galahad
Varen
Hiromi

Silvi AC 13 HP 12/19
Trevor AC 18 HP 20/20
Galahad AC 18 HP 15/15
Varen AC 18 HP 20/20
Jewel AC 16 HP 19/19

Kaodi

Hero
Silvi sniffles. "A whole month, here?" she asks plaintively. "How strict a definition of "town" do you mean? If I fall into a routine in cramped quarters it is bad for my health."

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"There were people everywhere, I'm surprised his soup didn't get spilled in the chaos. And there were plenty of locals I'm the mix to boot."

Galahad stared at the Sheriff, trying to figure out just what the man was tryong to get at.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases