The Fall of Plaguestone

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Hold on a second," Hiromi told Grimsby, and she produced a small stopper of oil - thinner than the thick stuff that lanterns burnt. She applied the oil to a piece of silk and she worked it around the hinges, softly blowing on it to work it into the cracks. "Now see if it will lift."

OOC: Sorry that took so long, I forgot that I was holding things up.
Thievery Check: 1D20+7 = [10]+7 = 17

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
"Mmm-Hmm." Grimsby makes sure the others are clear of hatch, gives a nod, then lifts it.

OOC: I am assuming I don't need to roll for that, let me know if I do

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)/Hallod’s home
Summer/Day 3/0840
Weather: Normal for the season (hot), light wind, heavy rain
Round 0

The hatch made barely a whisper as it was opened, the oil lubricating the rusted hinges sufficiently.

Under the hatch was a stone-lined chute that descended almost thirty feet. Handholds were carved into the stone wall, but they were uneven and treacherous. There is no light in the chute.

OOC: If you use light, no check is required to go down. If you choose not to use light, then you need a DC 15 Acrobatics check, or fall prone at the bottom of the chute and take falling damage.

Grimsby
Hiromi
Silvi
Galahad
Pakuten
Mortimer

Find Hallod
Help Sir Lawrence quiet Talmore’s ghost.

Silvi (+7) AC 13 HP 13/19(13) (drained 6)
Galahad (+5) AC 18 HP 15/15
Hiromi (+6) AC 17 HP 17/17
Pakuten (+3) AC 18 HP 16/16
Grimsby (+7) AC 17/16(clumsy) HP 25/25
Mortimer

Party XP: 210

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
"I c'n take a look." Grimby says while digging around in his pack for rope.

The dwarf ties the rope around his waist, and hands the other end to Hiromi. "If'n it's safe, I'll give a tug."

Then, after taking a deep breath to focus, he begins his climb down.

Kaodi

Hero
Silvi gently places a hand on Pak's wrist and whispers, "Unless you think two lights would be better than one you can save your torch - starlight will guide our way." The gnome glances around for a suitable piece of debris; something that could be easily tossed in a pinch.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)/Hallod’s home
Summer/Day 3/0850
Weather: Normal for the season (hot), light wind, heavy rain
Round 0

Grimsby’s dwarven darkvision easily picked up the situation once he descended the ladder. He was in a short hallway about fifteen feet long that ended in a wooden door. There did not appear to be anything in the hallway except the ladder he had descended.

Grimsby
Hiromi
Silvi
Galahad
Pakuten
Mortimer

Find Hallod
Help Sir Lawrence quiet Talmore’s ghost.

Silvi (+7) AC 13 HP 13/19(13) (drained 6)
Galahad (+5) AC 18 HP 15/15
Hiromi (+6) AC 17 HP 17/17
Pakuten (+3) AC 18 HP 16/16
Grimsby (+7) AC 17/16(clumsy) HP 25/25
Mortimer

Party XP: 210

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Grimsby scans the hallway in the dark. Just a door, the ladder, and himself.

Satisfied that there was no immediate danger, he gives a tug on the rope. The others would have a harder time climbing down, but they should be able to manage.

Pak nods to Silvi and stows the torch. He uneasily waits for an indication that it is safe from Grimsby. It takes a conscious effort to tear his eyes from the dark hole in the floor. He looks at the walls his mind making them appear to close in on him. Pak takes a deep breath to calm himself and looks back to the rope which he notices twitch. That was the all clear signal.

"That's the signal. Silvi if you would provide the light I will go down next."

Remove ads