The Fall of Plaguestone

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
A few steps in, and Mortimer realizes he can't see a thing. Quickly he takes off his small leather backpack, takes out a torch and sets out to light it.

OOC: Now we've got light. :)

Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)/Hallod’s home
Summer/Day 3/0955
Weather: Normal for the season (hot), light wind, heavy rain
Round 1.1

The passageway leading from Hallod’s chamber began as worked stone, but as it went further and further, it became more of a natural cavern passage, worked only here and there to make it more passable. Although the path was far from level, it was worked to allow for easy travel; stalagmites have been cleared away in some spots and small wooden footbridges have been stretched over pools of stagnant water no more than five feet deep. After about ten minutes of travel, the passageway opened up into a large natural chamber, the center of which was occupied by a pool of brackish water. Stalactites and stalagmites occupied much of the room, but a path between them led around the pool and to another corridor on the opposite side of the cave.

As the group entered, a strange blue glow emanated from the pool, sending a cascade of shimmering light to the ceiling above. Seconds later, the head of a giant blue snake rose from the pool with sparks of electricity dancing between its fangs, while a metal, rattle-tipped tail poked out of the water behind it, audibly building up a charge with every flick of the rattle.

The snake’s head snapped forward at Hiromi. It’s fangs sank into the monk’s arm (24 to hit, 9 piercing damage), and she felt a jolt of electricity go through her. (2 electricity damage).

PLAYERS ARE UP!

Light:
Silvi’s Light spell and Mortimer’s torch

@Leatherhead
@VLAD the Destroyer
@FitzTheRuke
@Kaodi
@JustinCase

SNAKE 27
Grimsby 23
Hiromi 19
Mortimer 16
Silvi 14
Pakuten 6

Silvi (+7) AC 13 HP 13/19(13) (drained 6)
Hiromi (+6) AC 17 HP 8/17
Pakuten (+3) AC 18 HP 16/16
Grimsby (+7) AC 17/16(clumsy) HP 25/25
Mortimer (+8) AC 17 HP 16/16

Snake (+8) AC 19 HP 27/27

Find Hallod
Help Sir Lawrence quiet Talmore’s ghost.

Party XP: 210

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Grimsby had never seen such a beast before, but he knew it looked like trouble. With a flex and a huff, the dwarf seemed taller than normal, then charged into the fray, violently swinging his maul at the snake.

OOC:
Actions: Rage, Sudden Charge (Two Strides and a Strike)
Rage grants 4 temporary hit points. Titan Mauler gives +6 damage on melee strikes when using oversised weapons while in Rage.
Moving behind the snake, or as best that can be done in such a cramped cave, to Flank it.
Strike with Large Maul using Titan Instinct and Rage: 1D20+7 = [11]+7 = 18
1D12+10 = [6]+10 = 16

If Grimsby can get the flank that should be a hit, if not he just whiffed.

FitzTheRuke

Legend

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
”What’s that?” Mortimer calls out in surprise as he draws a small dagger from seeming thin air. He deftly throws it at the serpent, and then grabs his fine rapier.

OOC: Alright, let’s see if this is right.

Action 1: Draw dagger.
Action 2: If within 20 feet, throw dagger:
Dagger thrown: 1D20+6 = [8]+6 = 14
1D4 = [1] = 1 damage

Action 3: Draw rapier.

If I’m more than 20 feet away, I move closer as Action 2, I throw during 3, and drawing my rapier will have to wait.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Feeling the terrible fang-wound begin to mend, Hiromi said, "Silvi, you are the best friend a girl could have. Thank you."

And she held her sword and dagger forward, ready to duck to the side if the serpent came at her again.

Pak raises his shield and moves into strike at the snake. Seeing Grimsby engaged with the creature Pak tries positions himself to support his companion. Once in position he slashes at the creature with his katana.

OOC: Action 1: Raise Shield
Action 2: Move up to the snake and flank it if possible.
Action 3: Katana strike at Snake.: 1d20+5 18 1d6+2 4. Will miss unless I can flank with Grimsby.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)/Hallod’s home
Summer/Day 3/0955
Weather: Normal for the season (hot), light wind, heavy rain
Round 1.2

OOC: Sorry. I thought I had posted a map with the last round, but it either didn’t go through, or I made the map and forgot to attach it. No one was right next to the snake (it has a reach attack), so some of you will have to move to engage it, which means you might lose an attack.

IC:

Grimsby darted around the pool, splashing through knee deep water to get behind the snake. Unfortunately, the beast was too quick, just avoiding his maul.

Hiromi tried to retaliate against the serpent, but it was just too fast.

Mortimer drew his weapons and threw a dagger, but missed as well.

Silvi said her prayers, and healed Hiromi’s wounds.

Pakutan, too, moved up, but was also unable to connect with the reptile.

ROUND 2.1

(Actions: 1: Stride south 1 square; 2&3: Lightning Rattle}

The snake slid itself to the southern end of the pool. The rattle on its tail sparked violently, and a bolt of lightning arched out through Pak and Silvi and slammed into the far wall.

Make a DC 17 Reflex save
Crit Success: No damage
Success: 5 lightning damage
Failure: 11 lightning damage
Crit Fail: 22 lightning damage

PLAYERS ARE UP!

Light:
Silvi’s Light spell and Mortimer’s torch

@Leatherhead
@VLAD the Destroyer
@FitzTheRuke
@Kaodi
@JustinCase

SNAKE 27
Grimsby 23
Hiromi 19
Mortimer 16
Silvi 14
Pakuten 6

Silvi (+7) AC 13 HP 13/19(13) (drained 6)
Hiromi (+6) AC 17 HP 17/17
Pakuten (+3) AC 18 HP 16/16
Grimsby (+7) AC 17/16(clumsy) HP 25/25
Mortimer (+8) AC 17 HP 16/16

Snake (+8) AC 19 HP 27/27

Find Hallod
Help Sir Lawrence quiet Talmore’s ghost.

Party XP: 210

Remove ads