D&D 5E The Final Announcement from The Descent Live Stream: Eberron Hardcover

The final announcement at the end of The Descent stream is a hardcover book for the Eberron setting!
No details have been announced, but Nathan Stewart closed out the live stream event for The Descent by proclaiming the final book out this year would be a hardcover setting book for Eberron.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
For Eberron lovers, do you view Ravnica as competition? Both are mainly urban and ubiquitous magic.

No, because I view the idea of settings being in competition as being outdated and parochial. Settings are just the seasoning on what's actually important, playing D&D.

Yaarel

He Mage
No, because I view the idea of settings being in competition as being outdated and parochial. Settings are just the seasoning on what's actually important, playing D&D.

I agree. Yet will you use both products simultaneously in the same campaign, or use one product and shelve the other?

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
I agree. Yet will you use both products simultaneously in the same campaign, or use one product and shelve the other?
Honestly, I don't know. I'm currently running a Ravnica campaign, and my next turn in the DM chair won't be for quite a while. Realistically, I might be running 6e at that point.

Psyzhran2357

First Post
Does it have Dragonborn in it? If so, don't care. 3e Eberron, the way it was intended or nothing.

A single nation of Scales stuck in Q'barra with little contact with greater Khorvaire? That's your dealbreaker? Of all things?

Some people can be iredeemably petty and pathetic. Why do a disproportionate amount of them have to be on RPG forums, ranting about lawns and yelling at clouds?

A single nation of Scales stuck in Q'barra with little contact with greater Khorvaire? That's your dealbreaker? Of all things?

Some people can be iredeemably petty and pathetic. Why do a disproportionate amount of them have to be on RPG forums, ranting about lawns and yelling at clouds?

There's mention of "half-dragon lizardfolk" living in Q'barra in the 3e book. They just called them out as Dragonborn in the later editions. Not a big deal.

As to the announcement...

Yay Eberron! :cool:

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
If it makes you feel any better, I haven't purchased any of the adventures or Ravnica.

I am not a fan of the massive adventures either. I run options in my sandbox game vs APs. Anyway, I am here as a DM that does not play (or like) MtG (though only tried once years ago). BUT I am urging you to check that Ravnica book out. It is everything I want from a setting book. I will never run an adventure in Ravnica (and yes idea of planet-wide city is silly), but this book is FULL of cool stuff you use.

It is one of my favourite books as a GM. So much inspiring stuff in there.

We have a system for Renown & Relationship Dice (like 13thAge) in our games, inc ranks, and Ravnica gives us great ideas for what to do with ranks. So good to adapt to any organisation.

Love the stat blocks in there.

Love the ideas. Creatures as leaders and members of factions. It inspires me to bring more fantasy to my game. I grab this book off my shelf a lot.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases