The Flint Tribune: Adventure #2

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Here is the Spring edition of the Flint Tribune, to be handed to your players at the start of adventure #2, The Dying Skyseer. It reminds them of events in Island at the Axis of the World, and provides them with introductory details for The Dying Skyseer, along with a few side-quest ideas for DMs who need that little extra.

There will be an edition of the Flint Tribune to give to your players at the beginning of each adventure from #2 onwards.

It is attached below as a PDF. I have also attached an RTF version for those who would like to edit it. You might like to add items, change some details, or insert your PCs' names in there somehow. You can probably do a better job than us!

Please share any edited versions you make so that others might benefit!

trib_1.jpg

trib_2.jpg

Attachments

• newspaper_adv_2.pdf
    620.2 KB · Views: 262
  • newspaper_adv_2.rtf
    20.6 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
CHALLENGE: edit the above file to make an edition suitable to hand out at the beginning of adventure #1.

There's no prize, I'm afraid, but I'll get you mentioned on the credits for adventure #3 as a consultant writer if we adopt yours as the "official" one.

More to the point, it'll be fun, and it'll be useful to your fellow gamers. :)

(Advice: I used the default Sepia setting on this site to alter images).

Last edited:

Personally I'd change the entry about The Family, because I don't think reporters would know the names of the leaders of criminal organizations. Perhaps some brief notice about gang-on-gang violence increasing, and the recent murder of a reporter who was investigating an alleged criminal enterprise based out of Crisillyir.

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Yeah - love the idea, but that back page is a bit much. The nice thing about the background colour stories from the adventure is that they can be woven into the 'Tribune' without giving anything away. I'm going to be including those in a newspaper, but excise all references to Cippiano and Nevard.

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
I'd love to, but I'm including quotes from my players (those who agreed to be interviewed after the RNS Coaltongue incident) and a couple of articles that refer to things that have happened in our campaign.

I really love the newspaper idea though: it's a great way of dishing out exposition (mixed up with red herrings) without being heavy-handed.

I'm thinking about including an editorial about the Duchess and her rebellion.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'd love to, but I'm including quotes from my players (those who agreed to be interviewed after the RNS Coaltongue incident) and a couple of articles that refer to things that have happened in our campaign.

That's OK! I'm sure we'd still all love to read it!

I'm thinking about including an editorial about the Duchess and her rebellion.

And that's a great idea! I do hope you share it!

Folks could use snippets from or ideas from each others' newspapers to mix and match their own. Think of my version as a springboard for the concept and have at it!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Here's an edition for the start of adventure #1 (Island at the Axis of the World). Again, both PDF and RTF versions so that you can easily edit your own. My main problem with that was that I'd already used the image of the RNS Coaltongue on edition #2, so I used the schematic instead, but feel free to play with it.

Introduces some of the social issues in Risur, highlights the launch of the Coaltongue, plus a little gossip on the King's impending marriage to Lya Jierre, while also serving the same function as the Coaltongue handout included in the adventure.

Attachments

• newspaper_adv_1.pdf
    754.2 KB · Views: 111
  • newspaper_adv_1.rtf
    8.7 MB · Views: 154

Remove ads