D&D 5E The Flumph!

Dungeoneer

First Post
Sweet art, that flumph looks truly badass. Glad to see that flumphs will be the epic threat they were always meant to be this time around.

ephemeron

Explorer
The flumphs are back, hooray!

From squinting at the text, it looks like they have a definite and unique adventure hook, too. Now flumphs live on mental energy siphoned off from psionic monsters, and pick up some thoughts and emotions as a side effect -- which means that they can tell you what the mind flayers are up to!

the Jester

Legend
Would be cool seeing the flumph with legendary actions or lair actions.

You, sir, just blew my mind.

I'm now thinking of the Great Flumph, legendary badass.

On another note, does anyone see potential for 4e's fell taints as some sort of corrupted flumphs or perhaps a cousin race?

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Interesting! I like their story info. Different than Pathfinder's cosmic sages, but it fits the slight link that aberrations in D&D have with psionics. Works for me!

But guys, if you read the text, you know -- this flumph is sad, guys! He's a sad little flumph! That's....adorable!

If you were to make Flumphs a PC race what should they get?

I'm thinking remove the psychic damage vulnerability, and apply an altitude limit to their flight like 10 feet. And maybe something like +2 int, +2 wis, +1 dex, -2 str. It's a lot of ability mods, and a penalty but something as niche as a Flumph should probably have a difficult time with some classes.

Grazzt

Demon Lord
You, sir, just blew my mind.

I'm now thinking of the Great Flumph, legendary badass.

On another note, does anyone see potential for 4e's fell taints as some sort of corrupted flumphs or perhaps a cousin race?

Corrupted flumphs would be cool. For some reason, thinking about that I flashed back to Descent into the Depths of the Earth and Vault of the Drow...only with flumphs. Lots of flumphs. Evil. Worshiping a giant evil flumph god/goddess.

Remove ads