The Forge of Fury

Walking Dad

First Post
Auris

With a sigh, Auris weaves another protective spell.

[sblock=OOC]
cast spell: Shield

active spell: Mage Armor

---

Auris D'Leroy
AC 18 (T17, FF13), HP 48/48, F +5,R+7,W+6

Spells: 6/7 , 5/5
Electric Ray: 5/6 (+6, 1d6+2)

Sorcerer Spells Known:
DC = 10 + spell level + 3
0 (6): Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Dancing Lights, Disrupt Undead, Mage Hand
1 (3): Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Shield, Sleep - Burning Hands (electric)
2 (1): Glitterdust, Flaming sphere - Scorching Ray (electric)

Wand: 49/50

Effects: -

XP: 10,296

[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Surprise Round

Hinderpick not liking something about the dark dwarf's attitude charges forward raising his axe high. The two crossbow armed duergar fire their bolts at the angry charging rogue. Both bolts fly by him to shatter against teh far wall, although one does draw a little blood as it glances of the dwarf.

Round 1

Auris sighs at yet another fight and casts a protective shield to fend of any crossbow bolts coming his way. One of the crossbowmen reloads and fires at Gerlari, while the other drops his crossbow and draws his warhammer doubling in size as he does so. The bolt misses the half-orc completely.

Hinderpick reaches the surprised duergar and gets in a great blow with his axe. The leader steps back draws his short blade and also doubles in size. What was once a broad bladed short sword now takes on a menacing look as it stretches over six feet in length. "Yer gonna pay fer that sun-lover," he says menacingly.

Sabern charges forward ready to attack the ogre-sized duergar. It takes a swing at the cleric as he moves in but a quick deflection with his shield blocks the blow. Sabern returns the favor hitting the duergar in the knee. A howl of pain comes from him as his knee cap shatters.

Gerlari returns fire and his arrow pierces his enemy through the throat. He slumps down gurgling on his own blood before breathing no more.

[sblock=Combat]
Posted in INIT order
Code:
Character         AC  HP  InHand/Condition
Auris             [COLOR=royalblue]24[/COLOR]  48  wand/[COLOR=royalblue][I]mage armor[/I][/COLOR];[I][COLOR=royalblue]shield[/COLOR][/I]
Duergar           [COLOR=palegreen]15[/COLOR]   [COLOR=orange]0[/COLOR]  w.hammer/[COLOR=palegreen][I]enlarged[/I][/COLOR]
Hinderpick        [COLOR=plum]15[/COLOR]  [COLOR=orange]46[/COLOR]  w.axe/[I][COLOR=plum]charged[/COLOR][/I]
Ghared            [COLOR=palegreen]15[/COLOR]  [COLOR=#ffa500]32[/COLOR]  s.sword/[I][COLOR=palegreen]enlarged[/COLOR][/I]
Sabern            [COLOR=plum]18[/COLOR]  50  mace&shield/[COLOR=plum][I]charged[/I][/COLOR]
Gerlari           19  [COLOR=orange]70[/COLOR]  l.bow/none
[/sblock]

OCC: Top of Round 2

Attachments

• FoF-rd1.jpg
    FoF-rd1.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Auris

Auris steps forward and call his dwarf rogue ally: "Hinderpick, step back!"
Once he does so, Auris conjures a big ball of lightning between the large dwarfs.

[sblock=OOC]

move: Up-right, 3 x right
free: Call Hinderpick
standard: ready action for once Hinderpick steps aside:
cast electric variant of flaming sphere down right of Hinderpicks old position. (3d6 damage, Reflex DC 15)

active spell: Mage Armor, Shield

---

Auris D'Leroy
AC 18 (T17, FF13), HP 48/48, F +5,R+7,W+6

Spells: 5/7 , 4/5
Electric Ray: 5/6 (+6, 1d6+2)

Sorcerer Spells Known:
DC = 10 + spell level + 3
0 (6): Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Dancing Lights, Disrupt Undead, Mage Hand
1 (3): Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Shield, Sleep - Burning Hands (electric)
2 (1): Glitterdust, Flaming sphere - Scorching Ray (electric)

Wand: 49/50

Effects: -

XP: 10,296

[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
Hinderpick will tumble to the space between the pillar and the enlarged duergar, and buries his axe in his foe's kidneys. He doesn't bother to reply in any other way, and he seems to have expected the growth of his opponent.

[sblock=ooc]Moving diagionally up and to the right, than one square to the right[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Sabern takes out the second duergar as Hinderpick shows off his acrobatic skills. The dwarf comes up from a front shoulder roll swinging and buries his axe in the ogre-sized grey dwarf's leg. The blade comes down right on Hinderpicks shoulder catching the flesh beneath his armor.

As he screams out in pain Auris takes and casts. Calling a ball of electrical energy the halfling sends it towards the already wounded dwarf in hopes of bring him down quickly. Proving agile the dwarf dodges the ball as it comes near.

Gerlari takes up another arrow but his first target is taken out of the fight. He believes the second duergar not worth the waste of a perfectly good arrow head. So he takes aim and waits.

[sblock=Combat]
Posted in INIT order
Code:
Character         AC  HP  InHand/Condition
Duergar           [COLOR=palegreen]15[/COLOR]  [COLOR=Red]-4[/COLOR]  w.hammer/[COLOR=palegreen][I]enlarged[/I][/COLOR];[I][COLOR=Red]dying[/COLOR][/I]
Hinderpick        [COLOR=White]17[/COLOR]  [COLOR=orange]41[/COLOR]  w.axe/none
Auris             [COLOR=royalblue]24[/COLOR]  48  wand/[COLOR=royalblue][I]mage armor[/I][/COLOR];[I][COLOR=royalblue]shield[/COLOR][/I]
Ghared            [COLOR=palegreen]15[/COLOR]  [COLOR=Orange]21[/COLOR]  s.sword/[I][COLOR=palegreen]enlarged[/COLOR][/I]
Sabern            [COLOR=White]20[/COLOR]  50  mace&shield/none
Gerlari           19  [COLOR=orange]70[/COLOR]  l.bow/[I][COLOR=Yellow]delay[/COLOR][/I]
[/sblock]

OCC: Top of Round 3

Attachments

• FoF-rd2.jpg
    FoF-rd2.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: The sphere should be one sq south/down on the map to avoid hurting an ally. No other actions from Auris, but sustaining the spell and using full defense.

IronWolf

blank
Sabern, seeking to avoid the sphere of electrical energy, moves south around the pillar and then close in to the oversized duergar with his shield tightly held hoping to avoid the inevitable blow that would be coming.

[sblock=OOC]

Move 3 squares to the SW diagonal, then 2 squares to the east then 2 squares north to give Hinderpick flanking this round.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
Seeing an ally moving in his direction, Hinderpick shrugs off the damage, waiting for Sabern to get into position before tumbling to a flanking position and taking another shot at his outmatched cousin.

Remove ads