• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Game of Kings

Ringmereth

First Post
[sblock=Doral]Doral crouches next to the door and with measured motions twists two picks into the lock. While he slips them past a few tumblers, its workings elude him, and when the would-be infiltrator extracts his picks the lock still bars his entry. Further attempts might be more fruitful.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Bobitron

Explorer
MadMaxim said:
He knocks on the door softly.

"Excuse me, may I come in? It is me, Parlinor."

Sniffling, Glasia sits upright and wipes her face clean. After a long moment, she makes her way to the door, opening it a crack. "Yes, sir? What can I do for you?"

Once the door is open, she decides she trusts his face and lets him in, sitting on the small bed and preening Cloudchaser nervously.

MadMaxim

First Post
Bobitron said:
Sniffling, Glasia sits upright and wipes her face clean. After a long moment, she makes her way to the door, opening it a crack. "Yes, sir? What can I do for you?"

Once the door is open, she decides she trusts his face and lets him in, sitting on the small bed and preening Cloudchaser nervously.
Partash slowly walks over to Glasia and kneels in front of her to come more face to face with the girl. "I was rather wondering if there was anything I could do for you, Miss? I was just about to get up on the deck when I heard you crying and I thought I'd make sure that you weren't hurt or in some sort of pain. Did anybody do anything to you?"

He looks like he's very concerned about her well-being, looking straight into her eyes, he continues: "But, of course, if your concerns are of a more private nature which you don't want to talk about, that's fine. I just wanted to make sure that you were okay. After all, the champions of the Host make sure their companions are alright. You can trust me."

Bobitron

Explorer
"Oh, it's nothing." She looks up to his face, puffy eyes betraying her emotion. "It's just that I'm so far from where I was only weeks ago, and I..."

The tears come back, weaker now but still heartfelt. She explains what happened on deck with Dragen.

"What have I gotten myself involved with? Is this the way of things?"

Ringmereth

First Post
[sblock=Doral]A second effort with his finely made lockpicks is successful: Doral spins the mechanism skillfully and is rewarded with a quiet click as he gives his pick a soft twist. Pushing the door open slowly, he pokes his head into the cabin and sees three Kundarak dwarves, asleep on the comfortable beds the ship's passenger quarters boast. The largest of the three is snoring heavily under a thick blanket. Few personal effects are exposed, save a few papers on a small table in the center of the room, accompanied by two thin books and a trio of heavy mugs. Several bags and trunks are stored against the wall to Doral's right.[/sblock]

Vhir's patient vigil is disturbed when the door to his right swings open in a slow, quiet arc. The only sign of life in the room is the sound of snoring; no one appears to have opened the door, which seemed firmly shut only a moment ago.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The kobold nods as if a suspicion was confirmed, and stares intently at the open door for a moment. Its eyes flare a deep red for a moment.

OOC: Detect magic in that general direction, long enough to pinpoint auras on anything he can see from his spot (including moving invisible people ;)) In addition, he keeps a sharp ear out for any sounds of returning dwarves, with the plan to intercept if needed.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
DM
[sblock]
Ignoring the trunks and bags, Doral moves immediately to the papers and books. He scans each paper before quietly putting them down. Then he flips quickly through the books, looking for anything that may be useful in convincing the dwarven delegation to render them aid. If Doral finds what he is looking for, he will attempt to memorize the data before placing the documents back where he found them and quietly leave, closing the door behind him. If Doral fails to locate anything useful, he will scan the room for more documents.
[/sblock]

Ringmereth

First Post
The warlock's detection power picks up the presence of magic within the slice of the room he can see, and further concentration reveals a faint aura moving about the center of the room, and a more vibrant one on the body of a slumbering dwarf whose head is barely visible through the door left ajar by whoever slipped inside. Vhir easily deduces that the aura on the dwarf is one of transmutation.

[sblock=Doral]The beguiler slips inside and begins examining the table's contents with quick judgements and hurried once-overs of each item.

The first paper he picks up is a half-written letter: My dear Annha, it begins, and continues into a personal note which Doral quickly returns to its place. The next document is an expense ledger detailing travel from Kundarakhold into Lhazaar.

His next find, another letter, holds his attention:

Harmohn,

As you are aware, the Banking Guild has yet to gain a holding in the Lhazaar Principalities, excepting Regalport. Prince Kolberkon of the Direshark Principality has proposed an alliance, and we are in tentative agreement that expanding our operations to the city of Port Verge would be a mutual victory.

Beyond regular evaluation, Kolberkon has further requested the addition of a senor member of the Warding Guild to your company. To that end, you will meet with Baranak of Dreadhold's security division, who will accompany you. See that he, and by extension, the Prince, recieves any aid he may need rendered.

-Gabart d'Kundarak

A final piece of paper is covered with scribbled figures and calculations, but without context, it is meaningless to the half-elf. Turning to the books, he finds that one is a simple journal kept by one of the dwarves. Doral turns to a random entry; it describes in dry, clipped sentances a lightning rail journey across the Talenta Plains. The other book is titled 'Valnan's Guide to the Principalities (3rd Ed.)'[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The ridges above the kobold's eyes compress for a moment, most likely a sign of disconcernation. However, it seems content with the other finding, and assured that Doral is doing his job, makes sure the sneak will not be interrupted by keeping an eye down the hall.

OOC: I am assuming the glow is *around* the dwarf, not from an item on the dwarf that he can see. If not, let me know.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads