The GMF campaign setting

This is an idea I've been toying with for a while, but never got around to making the thread.

I would like the help of all of our members in making our very own, brand new campaign setting. We will vote on things such as whether it should be high magic or low magic, what races there should be, and various parts of the geography.
After that, I would like volunteers to take over different jobs. Ideally, everyone in the GMF should get to head something, but I doubt that many people will be interested.
Here is an example of how this will work. Lets say member x asks to be in charge of the creation and details of country y. Member x writes up the info, geographical features, NPCs, etc. of that area. Then member x asks everyone for input. Everyone in the foundation will work on how to make their idea work with everyone else's ideas. When someone is done with one job, they can ask for another and I will most likely give them the job they ask for.
This will be a long process, and I don't expect it to be done any time in even the somewhat close future, but if everyone pitches in, we can make this work.

P.S. If one of the council members or someone with better organization skills than me is willing help control the process, fine by me. As I said, I have some of the worst organization of anyone in the world, so help from other members would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Mr_GrinReaper

First Post
My vote goes for a high magic world where the common folk are scared of the "Daemonwitches" that use magic, and the magic users look down uppon the common folk.

themind

Explorer
Mmm i like standard. I dont like where it has to be where practically everyone and their mother has acces to magical equipment, but I also dont like it when the first time you come across a single magical item is when you are almost 10th level.

I know I am exaggerating on the high magic and low magic options. But I can see both kind of backfiring on me if I were to run such a setting. That's why I vote for standard.

Great idea by the way, BoD.

Mmm, I am not sure what area I would like. I really don't have an area of expertise. Plus, i work better with others.

Captain NeMo

First Post
Oh, goody...I was waiting for a topic EXACTLY like this. I'll be interested in contributing as much as I can (pick me for team leader! ;)).

I vote for low magic.

derbacher

Explorer
Well, a co-op project that sounds like fun! Add another vote for Standard Magic. This also gives folks the option of making their "area" a little more or less magical without throwing off game balance.

Nightcloak

First Post
I would have to say standard also, if for no other reason that it would force rule changes that would slow development, or the inclussion of 3rd party material members of the community might not have.

Catavarie

First Post
I vote for Standard, just saves some time...of course you could go for High Magic and add a Paranoia flair to it, by giving everyone magic but by also outlawing magic at the same time. :D

Remove ads