• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The GM's Screen

SeaJay

Love, Respect, Understanding
What's your opinion of the Pathfinder GM's Screen?

Unless I am mistaken, there's no movemnt rates on it. That would have been handy

tylermalan

First Post
I've been using it for a number of months, and I like it. Like most GM screens, it doesn't have EVERYTHING that I would EVER want, but it has enough to make it worth the purchase in my opinion. It has a lot of skill stuff, item hardness and break DCs, and some other stuff.

Edit: I guess I should also say that I don't understand why movement rates would be handy?

SeaJay

I've been using it for a number of months, and I like it. Like most GM screens, it doesn't have EVERYTHING that I would EVER want, but it has enough to make it worth the purchase in my opinion. It has a lot of skill stuff, item hardness and break DCs, and some other stuff.

Edit: I guess I should also say that I don't understand why movement rates would be handy?
Well, whether you are on a horse, or walking, or on a wagon, travelling by highway, trail, or mountain region, with fine weather or a blizzard, it would be a different rate for all.

I think.

tylermalan

First Post
Yeah, I think a solid DM screen is pretty much always an essential purchase. And its pretty cheap, too. It's weird, though - even when I have a DM screen, I find myself forgetting to use it and looking stuff up in the books a lot.

Dykstrav

Adventurer
A few weeks back, I actually came up with some supplemental sheets for my screen. I don't have movement rates--the big thing that I wanted was the action types and whether or not they provoked. I also tend to need the stuff for dungeon exploration too (like doors, illumination, and so forth). Still, movement rates would be awfully handy. Maybe even encumbrance categories for common Strength scores (say, between 10 and 20). Food for thought.

Anyways, here's my supplemental sheets. Hope they help. :)

Attachments

• PF_GM_Screen.pdf
    39.6 KB · Views: 177

SeaJay

Yeah, I think a solid DM screen is pretty much always an essential purchase. And its pretty cheap, too. It's weird, though - even when I have a DM screen, I find myself forgetting to use it and looking stuff up in the books a lot.
Me too

Super Pony

Studded Muffin
I like the Pathfinder GM screen, but the "Miscellaneous" tab isn't very useful. Since I have a Savage Worlds custom GM screen (there are cheaper alternatives but I'm a product w**re) I just made my own Pathfinder screen patterned off the Paizo release. The sheets are arranged to 8.5 x 11 landscape style (to fit the Savage World's Screen) so they might not be super handy to tape over the stock Pathfinder one. Anyway, here are my current tabs that I use (I also have a custom character sheet in my google docs linked in the off chance anyone can use it):

GM Screen Tables
Character Sheet

Cheers

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads