D&D 5E The Golden Vault

I'm currently running this adventure, but not using the Golden Vault organisation. But I agree with the above: Eberron is a good choice of setting, and the Draconic Chamber makes sense of why some of the things you are asked to do are so apparently weird or trivial.

But I think that's the approach to take if you don't want a whole heap of work: first decide what setting is the PCs' home base, then make the Golden Vault a sub-faction of an organisation that is part of that setting.

Last edited:

pukunui

Legend
... and the Draconic Chamber makes sense of why some of the things you are asked to do are so apparently weird or trivial.
This. While I think all of the adventures in the book look fun, and I intend to run them all, I'm not sure that they all fit the Golden Vault's brief all that well. If you make it so that the Golden Vault is an extension of the Chamber dragons' desire to interpret the Draconic Prophecy to thwart the Lords of Dust from releasing their fiendish overlords, then suddenly it all makes a lot more sense (from a macro point of view - the players might still be left wondering why they've been asked to help a gambler get revenge on their former partner, for instance. And that's OK, because their characters shouldn't necessarily know that they're just pawns in a much larger game.)

Remove ads