• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The grappling book

TheNovaLord

First Post
well a few days they released a book to explain the grappling rules etc, cos they basically are way too complicated and dont work.

several days later they release some errata cos it had some errors/wrong bits! seems ironic to me

Reminds me when i was a student 20 years ago and someone released a book called 'understanding enzymes'....pretty soon after its release everyone was wishing for a book entitled 'understanding, undertanding enzymes'.

the grapple rules are awful, utterly non heroic in DnD terms

IMO, biased as it may be

JohnD

dave_o

Explorer
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
There needs to be a magical book or perhaps a book-shaped monster related to the mimic that grapples characters.

A book filled with clear, concise rules on grappling which you, unfortunately, can't read as the very book is pressed to your face and chest.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
TheNovaLord said:
well a few days they released a book to explain the grappling rules etc, cos they basically are way too complicated and dont work.

It's not a book to explain the grappling rules. It's a brand new set of grappling rules to use instead.

TheNovaLord said:
several days later they release some errata cos it had some errors/wrong bits! seems ironic to me

That's what's good about PDFs. You go look at the errata list for your PHB - it's dozens of pages long. But they can't "update" your PHB. A PDF - just gets edited, and the customer can download the shiny new version.

If it's good enough for WotC and the core rulebooks, it's good enough for everyone!

Seriously, all publishing endeavours end up with typos or errors. Luckily, we can catch them and fix them at no extra cost to the person who bought it.

And the short timespan in which that was done? That's good service. No waiting months and years to get it fixed - it happens instantly.

That's why people like PDFs.

the grapple rules are awful, utterly non heroic in DnD terms

Agreed. That's why I wrote it. Give it a look - you might like it!

Last edited:

Remove ads