• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Great Hero Showdown (First Round Voting Results Up!)

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
77. Rincewind

Rincewind the Wizzard (it says so on his hat) is probably the worst magic user in Discworld. The only spell he knows, he can't cast. His philosophy is one of staying in constant motion, usually in the opposite direction of whoever is chasing him. He loves boredom, potatoes, and little else, and is constantly accompanied by a sapient homicidal Luggage. He is currently the Egregious Professor of Cruel and Unusual Geography (because he's run over so much of it) at Unseen University.

Demiurge out.

Attachments

• rincewind.jpg
    rincewind.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 47

Dark Jezter

First Post
78. The Man with No Name

mannoname3ou.jpg

Name: Real name unknown. Sometimes called Blondie (which is actually Mexican slang for white person) or "Joe", but referred to mostly as the Man with No Name.

Movies: A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, and The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

Biography: Played by Clint Eastwood in Sergio Leone's "Dollars" trilogy, the Man with No Name is tough, self-reliant, and very skilled with his revolver (typical of most American movie cowboys). Unlike most movie cowboys, however, the Man with No Name is willing to do things like shoot first and fight dirty if the situation warrants. Driven by his own sense of justice, the Man with No Name is a bounty hunter of no small skill who speaks only rarely, and let's his actions speak for him.

On an intresting side note, the Man With No Name was the inspiration for the character Roland of Gilead in Stephen King's epic Dark Tower series of novels.

Last edited:

Endur

First Post
79. The Phantom

(I can't find the Phantom in an earlier post)

Ghost Who Walks Will Never Die"
Before Batman, before The Shadow, before The Green Hornet, before The Lone Ranger, the comics' first masked mystery-man hero had long since been striking fear into the dark hearts of the wicked.

Such is the riveting, myth-freighted legend of The Phantom -- "The Ghost Who Walks," "The Man Who Cannot Die," "The Guardian of the Eastern Dark." In the beginning he had been a half-drowned sailor, flung ashore on the terrible, blood-drenched Bengalla coast after pirates burned his ship and slaughtered his mates. The gentle Bandar pygmies, taking him to be a sea god of ancient prophecy, nursed him back to fitness and became his everlasting friends -- as the castaway faced his destiny, donned costume and mask and was reborn as the first of the Phantoms, scourge of predators everywhere.

The modern Phantom is the 21st of the line. Since Feb. 17, 1936, he has been the law in his dangerous part of the world, a one-man police force, a silent avenger who appears and vanishes like lightning. His home is the fearsome "Skull Cave," deep in the heart of his jungle. His only intimates have been the faithful Bandar, his great white horse Hero, his savage gray wolf Devil, and his lovely American sweetheart Diana Palmer. Even the men of the Jungle Patrol, the paramilitary peacekeeping squad an ancestor had organized some years ago, have never seen the face of their mysterious commander in chief.

Attachments

• Phantom.gif
    Phantom.gif
    54.5 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Endur

First Post
80. Delenn (Babylon 5)

Full name: Delenn, of the family of Mir.
Profession: Ambassador for the Minbari to Babylon 5, former member of the Minbari ruling body - "Grey Council." Dukhat`s former aid.
Race type: Half Human, half Minbari. Born pure Minbari, but had human genes from the day she was born. "You are a child of Valen" -Dukhat
Planet of origin: Minbar (Minbari Homeworld) Born in Yedor, Minbar`s capital city.
Date of birth: Human Calendar, year of 2228.
Sex: Female.
Caste: Religious caste.
Religion: Minbari religious caste.
Current assignment: Ambassador for Minbar on Babylon 5, Ranger 1 (Entil Zha), and co-founder in the new Interstellar Alliance.
Married to: President John Sheridan of the Interstellar Alliance.

Attachments

• delenn.jpg
    delenn.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 40

Endur

First Post
81. Trinity (The Matrix)

Trinity: I know why you're here, Neo. I know what you've been doing... why you hardly sleep, why you live alone, and why night after night, you sit by your computer. You're looking for him. I know because I was once looking for the same thing. And when he found me, he told me I wasn't really looking for him. I was looking for an answer. It's the question, Neo. It's the question that drives us. It's the question that brought you here. You know the question, just as I did.
Neo: What is the Matrix?
Trinity: The answer is out there, Neo, and it's looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to.

Attachments

• trinity_front.jpg
    trinity_front.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 42

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Solomon Kane

SolomonKane2.jpg

Solomon Kane is a fictional 16th century Puritan created by Robert E. Howard. A a somber and gloomy man of pale face and cold eyes, all of it shadowed by a slouch hat.

He wanders the world on a mission to vanquish evil in all its forms. Solomon Kane is dressed entirely in black and his weaponry consists of a rapier, a dagger a couple of flintlock pistols and a voodoo staff, given to him by his friend N'Longa, the shaman, to served as a protection against evil.

Solomon Kane is Howards greatest creation...

Last edited:

Dark Jezter

First Post
82. Yoda

People, please include bios as well as pictures (and vice-versa). Also, please number your entries.

yoda4nx.jpg

Name: Yoda

Bio: For over 800 years, the diminutive Jedi Master named Yoda trained aspiring Jedi knights and studied the great mystery of the Force, eventually obtaining a position on the Jedi council. Respected by both friends and enemies for his wisdom and power, Yoda trained countless students and acted as a defender of peace and order in the Old Republic. In his later years, Yoda served as a general in the Clone Wars, survived Order 66, and trained Luke Skywalker before finally becoming one with the Force.

Last edited:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
84 El Borak aka Francis Xavier Gordon

elborak.gif

Francis Xavier Gordon, known to most inhabitants of the Middle East as El Borak, is a Texan, a former gunfighter who had more than his share of adventures in the American West before he ever ventured into the Middle East. El Borak is a contemporary of T.E. Lawrence, (mentioned in the story “Son of the White Wolf”) thus he was active during World War I. Gordon is well-known to the Arabs; the name El Borak is used to strike fear into the hearts of children. He speaks the languages of the region like a native, wears a mixture of Western and Eastern clothing and carries a rifle and pistols like the former American gunfighter that he is.

Last edited:

Remove ads