The Heretic of Wyre - Part II

Axeboy

First Post
Re: Re: Yeah

Sagiro said:

I absolutely don't want this thread to get derailed into a discussion about my story hour, but I'll say one last thing as a point of clarification: I used "adolescent" to describe my own comparative writing skills, not to describe my campaign or my players (who are both mature and philosophical) in any way.

It's hard to gauge how "good" (whatever that means) a D&D game is from its Story Hour. I wasn't trying to measure the quality of Sep's campaign, really, though the evidence is that it's amazing. I was commenting on his ability to write compelling dialogue and narrative, to make his characters live and breathe on the page, to make me want to keep reading at 2:00 AM, long after I should have gone to bed.

-Sagiro

Having just read some of the new story hour stuff Sagiro and Sep put up (and the above), I see where I misunderstood. I also didn't mean to imply that the players aren't mature or philosophical--the mood just seems to be lighter and less serious in the Company and DoD campaigns than in this.

This is why I usually just stick to lurking... ;)

Last edited:

Remove ads