• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Heroes of Icemist (SmallBeginnings 2)- Interlude update 2/21/2008!

Ashy

First Post
dshai527 said:
1) Met Ashy - nice guy and a snazzy dresser - didn't get to game with him, but did have lunch with him - made tentative plans to game next time we meet. Took a picture.

LOL! That, sir, is one compliment I've never received! Thanks! ;) Again, it was great meeting you and your lovely family. And gaming? I'M THERE! :D

fett527

First Post
Thanks for the words of concern for my family. Everything will turn out for the better. They've got the estimate completed and started on things this week. It will take almost 3 months unfortunately.

OaxacanWarrior

First Post
Enk&D'Shai said:
Just make sure that you get all your entries in before 6PM on July 15th, 2005 EDT, because that’s when we’ll be doing the drawing.

And with that, here’s your Tip O’ the Day: Stick figures qualify as art as long as they make Enk&D’Shai laugh.

I just finished reading the original Small Beginnings SH and now I am nearly caught up on this one. I must tell you that this is one of my favorite story hours. I love the characters and the interaction amongst the group here on the boards. I can't wait to read more!

Lucky for me I ran across the contest post just in time to enter! So here is my entry:
--------------------

___|-|___
\/ \|?|/ \/
.....\ /
......| ..\O/
............|
.........../ \

--------------------
It's the "big" bat "attacking" Ander in the burnt out store. (I had to add in the dots to make the formatting come out right.)

PS: I'm from Utah and you like Utah, so if you want to show favoritism in this contest, that would be cool with me. :)

PPS: Unless winning the contest would really cause Rel to hunt me down and kill me. Well, it's just Rel...so nevermind. :)

PPPS: Congrats on all the new kids and jobs (this is covering the whole time period of both story hours)!!

PPPPS: Fett, glad to see that things are turning out OK for you and the fam.

Last edited:

Rel

Liquid Awesome
OaxacanWarrior said:
So here is my entry:

I like mine better but y'know "art is subjective" and all that. I'm SURE that the Small Beginnings Gang wouldn't show favoritism over a little thing like sucking up to a new reader.

Or Utah.

fett527

First Post
OaxacanWarrior said:
I just finished reading the original Small Beginnings SH and now I am nearly caught up on this one. I must tell you that this is one of my favorite story hours. I love the characters and the interaction amongst the group here on the boards. I can't wait to read more!

Lucky for me I ran across the contest post just in time to enter! So here is my entry:
--------------------

___|-|___
\/ \|?|/ \/
.....\ /
......| ..\O/
............|
.........../ \

--------------------
It's the "big" bat "attacking" Ander in the burnt out store. (I had to add in the dots to make the formatting come out right.)

PS: I'm from Utah and you like Utah, so if you want to show favoritism in this contest, that would be cool with me. :)

PPS: Unless winning the contest would really cause Rel to hunt me down and kill me. Well, it's just Rel...so nevermind. :)

PPPS: Congrats on all the new kids and jobs (this is covering the whole time period of both story hours)!!

PPPPS: Fett, glad to see that things are turning out OK for you and the fam.

Welcome aboard and thanks for posting! Stick figures or blank space.... This will be a tough decision! Anyone else gonna submit something to make it more interesting????

Enkhidu

Explorer
Remember that each entry gets you one raffle "ticket", so Rel and OW each have one ticket in the hat.

Yes folks, its just that easy!

Jon Potter

First Post
Well, I've started several pictures of Wyrm (my favorite, of course): one of him entering the half-ogre's tower, and one of him fighting the Trident thugs, but neither turned out well enough for public viewing, I'm afraid. :(

Last edited:

dshai527

First Post
You show me yours and I'll show you mine...ummm nevermind

Seriously just email it to us and nobody outside will see it. Maybe...if you're nice.

OaxacanWarrior

First Post
Rel said:
I like mine better but y'know "art is subjective" and all that. I'm SURE that the Small Beginnings Gang wouldn't show favoritism over a little thing like sucking up to a new reader.

Or Utah.

It would only be fair for me to win this contest as I have not made a cameo appearance in the SH like some other people we could name. :)

To be honest, I think I liked yours better too...especially since Fett didn't get it and had to ask about it. :p

OaxacanWarrior

First Post
Jon Potter said:
Well, I've started several pictures of Wyrm (my favorite, of course): one of him entering the half-ogre's tower, and one of him fighting the Trident thugs, but neither turned out well enough for public viewing, I'm afraid. :(

Jon, I would recommend that you do not enter your artwork into the contest. It will allow Rel and myself a much better chance of winning. ;)

On the other hand, I would like to see your rendition(s) of Wyrm. Besides, it can't be any worse than the stick figure of Ander that I submitted.

Remove ads