• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Key to Victory

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham picks up some of the crossbow bolts and refills his quiver. "Sounds like we had better get going." he says. "Have we time to have a look at the armoury or is it best to just get going? I'm easy, either way."

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth shrugs. "In that case, a diversion couldn't hurt. I assume you are volunteering for it, Cedric? Anyone want to go with him? Tira, get them an accurate route back, and those of you who are going, make sure you've got provisions for the trip."

jackslate45

First Post
Ern breaths a sigh of relief at Tira's words. Noticing that people were gathering up, she also chimes in with, "It does not seem likely a trip to the armory is at hand, if speed is what we need. We should gather what little supplies we have, and be on our way. Darn as well, I bet some of the weapons there could have been useful. I am in the market for a new crossbow. "

"Once we break the woods we should stop for camp, as I am sure we will all be tired by that point. Unless there is an inn close enough to rest at? I know I can use a bed..."

"Also, to not drag behind, we should split the gold Aver carried amongst ourselves, to lessen the load on him."
At the same time, Ernestine refills her quiver of bolts, and takes the jewelry and holy symbol Desnor was wearing.

[sblock=Stats]
Code:
HP: 11/17 
AC: 13 FF: 10 T: 13
F: +3 R: +4 W: +2

Crossbow: +4 1d8

0: Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1: [s]Benign Transposition, Summon Monster I x 3, Grease[/s]
2: Empty Slot x4
[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"You misunderstood," Tira says to Ernestine. "Stealth and speed will be needed inside the forest. I think we should take a quick look at this armory. Maybe even destroy what we can't take so as not to have it fall into the wrong hands."

[sblock=OOC] Plus I need you all to go there to help with the little WBL I am trying to get everyone to. Not the normal but trying for at least a group halfway type thing.

Also jckslate45 it says you have open slots. You wish to take the 15 minutes to study your spell book and fill them?[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
OCC: I figured we wanted more haste, so I didnt think to. But if Tira suggests going to the armory...

"I see then. If you are going to the armory then, I will in the mean time prepare something that will help us in case we get caught. One of my spells will hopefully blind our pursuers, should we be under attack. I will also try to get more summons ready, to try and trip them up. "

Ernestine pulls out her spell book and pours over some of the more advanced spells in it.

[sblock=Stats]
Code:
HP: 11/17 
AC: 13 FF: 10 T: 13
F: +3 R: +4 W: +2

Crossbow: +4 1d8 10 bolts

0: Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1: [s]Benign Transposition, Summon Monster I x 3, Grease[/s]
2: Glitterdust, Summon Monster 2 x3
[/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
As Ernestine settles down to learn spells, Trinham sits down and continues to reflect on his recent attempt to cast fireball; trusting the others to watch the prisoners. He is pretty sure that way he cast the spell the first time was correct and that the second was wrong, which is why it drained all his energy. What he needs to puzzle out is why the first attempt did not work.

He still has not solved his problem when Ernestine finishes learning spells and the party prepares to move out.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"Then let us go through the armory, gear up, and be on our way. Cedric, should you want to head back to lure the others away, then I suggest the thugs here go with you. They must atone for their mistakes, and this is the path they will take."

Mal then pulls out one of his colored green chalk sticks and pulls out the masterwork elven dagger. Moving to the location of the acid that he spewed forth earlier, he calls Cedric over, as he bends to put the chalk flakes into the acid. He then dips the dagger into the acid and chalk, while speaking to Cedric in whispered tones.

"Emma has a trick. Something called an Arcane Mark. When I tell them that their lives are linked to yours, use your magic to draw the symbol on each of them. Once I use my chalk on the tattoo, cast any spell you know that will cause it to flare or be seen as empowering it. Once I draw at the tattoo with the dagger, release the spell." (Hoping he can cast LIGHT on it, then dismiss it)

He then stands, goes back to the thugs, and says, "You will go with Cedric. You will guard him with your life. Should you fail, then your life is forfeit. Haden did not have this power, but I have it bestowed upon me. Now, Cedric will inscribe his rune on each of you as visible. Then on me as invisible. Guard him well, or you both die."

He motions for Cedric to inscribe his rune on the two men, making it visible. Then, he points at the tattoo on his left shoulder. "This is the one that will bond them to you. Inscribe your mark on it and I will do the rest."

Once done, he then watches the light flare. He then traces the edge of the tattoo with the elven dagger, as the light then fades away as quickly as it came to be. "There. Now you are linked. It will last until I feel that he is safe and secured. Gear up, and be on your way."

BLUFF +13, hoping for an Aid Another from at least Cedric, lol...

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The thugs cower but except the marks with only slight flinching. After the strange ritual they lead the group to the armory.

Really just a long tunnel that has been piled high with crates, barrels, and chest the thugs show the group that there is nothing trapped around the armory as they move through and open chest after chest and crate after crate.

Soon they have gathered their gear and they and Cedric are ready to leave. "I will await your return at Harkon. I'm sure you all will prevail. Farewell."

Soon the group is using what light they have to search the tunnel. Nothing gives off any magical aura but most every weapon is of the best quality that can be made. Along with the weapons there are a dozen suits of various armors.

A quick search gathers a few extra bolts and weapons for everyone. And after whatever the group is taking has been gathered up Tira suggests that they burn the rest.

"Anyone have any fire magic?" she asks.

[sblock=OOC] Everyone can get one masterwork melee weapon of their choice except for the following:

no exotic weapons
no two handed or one handed martial weapons
no spiked shields or armor
no short swords
no gauntlets or spiked gauntlets

Only masterwork ranged weapons are two javelins and a sling, but there are long and short bows and crossbows about.

There is masterwork bolts and arrows by the barrel load. You may get as many as you wish (can carry).

There are two suits of masterwork studded leather and one suit of masterwork leather amongst the armor. A player may pick any one suit of medium or light armor if they wish to take a suit from the non-masterwork available.[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth is quietly thankful the armory is only a short walk. Time was getting shorter and shorter and he had no idea how long it would take to reach Tirol...

In the armory cave, he does manage to find a few useful things. The first is a small curved boot knife, the hilt engraved with a lightning bolt and a (very) small topaz set in the pommel. He quickly slips the dagger into its place in his right boot, easily reached if ever needed.
The second item is a simple shirt of chain, sturdier than his studded leather (though about as effective or less against arrows). He quickly removes his old armor and puts on the chain shirt, working with the new piece of armor for a minute to get all the lumps and bunches out. He even does a few rolls while wearing it to get a little more used to the extra weight... After another minute or so, he is satisfied with the results. Jareth just leaves his old set of armor in the cave, not wanting to carry it around and slow him down.
The third and final item is a light crossbow and a few packs of bolts to go with it.

"Good luck Cedric. Go quickly and don't get caught," Jareth says plainly as the wizard leaves with the prisoners in tow.

Jareth nods at Tira's question. "I've got a few spells left capable of torching this stuff. Anyone object?"

[sblock=OOC]
I've still got some spells for the day (including 1 1st-level slot), so Burning Hands is possible. As for the items, MWK Dagger, normal Chain Shirt and normal Light Crossbow with 30 MWK bolts. I also updated my gear in the RG - hadn't done so in a long time...
[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Mal looks over the items, noting that the armor was more to his liking. Pointing at the armor, he asks, "If nobody else needs it, I wouldn't mind taking the good quality studded leather."

He checks the armor, and if nobody objects, changes his own for the better armor. If someone else wants it, he has no objection to it.

After donning his new armor, he checks his own weapons. The dragon gauntlets he has are enough for him now. A ranged weapon would tide him over, as he does still have the MW elven dagger he found earlier on the zombies (and somehow don't see it on his list of equipment).

He inspects the javelins, noting their balance and quality, and says, "If anyone can use them, these are decent. Better than the ones I have as well."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads