• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Key to Victory

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The night passes thankfully without incident. The sleep everyone got was restful enough and welcome. Everyone is going through their early morning routine when Tira and Aver return.

"Well there have been Warden's in the area. Haden and those with him never bothered to cover their tracks, lucky they don't lead straight to this door." the half-elf says as she helps herself to a piece of rawhide and some water.

"The elven tracks suggest that the Warden's have climbed the cliff and are probably searching the top of the mountain and any cave they come across. And the big cave we spotted Tirol from, well you can't see it from outside so there is some strong magic at work there."

Aver has sat quietly picking at his boots as Tira speaks. "I say we bee line for Tirol with our loot and show those old fools the crown and save Tharivol. How much is each cut by the way?" he asks.

"Unknown since you weren't here to add what you brought up to the pot." Malaroc says folding his arms.

Looking sheepish Aver digs out a small sack from his pack. "I didn't get much. We left in a hurry you know."

Malaroc just grunts and takes the sack and heads to a corner to divide it out with the rest.

"Jareth making a bee line might sound good but what if we were to come at Tirol from another direction. A not so watched direction. Wouldn't that be better?" she asks finishing her light breakfast and dusting off her hands. "And we have the extra time."

[sblock=OOC] Well need to discuss the way the party wishes to approach Tirol. This in effect will decide what they will run into. A plan as to what you all will do and how you will present yourselves to the elves would be nice to know (on this end) as well. Not needed just helpful. ;) [/sblock]

[sblock=Malaroc] Treasure comes to 480gp, 2 dozen gems of various values

Note: Aver's haul was surprisingly small (one gem??).[/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
As usual when it comes to strategy discussions, Trinham recognises his shortcomings and keeps quite.

[sblock=HM]Sorry HM. Trinham believes that he sucks at strategy. So I was waiting for one of the others to post[/sblock]

Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"What manner of place is this Tirol? If we knew more about it, how it works, the guards, the ones in power, the families and such, then we might be able to help with a plan. What about the layout? Knowing where the stations are, the gates, and the houses would be good to know. I assume you know these, and can draw out something for us to get a feel for?"

Mal says this while looking at the haul. When Aver hands over the single gem, his trust has now gone from slight to non-existent. "We each had time to grab what we could. With your deftness and speed, you expect us to believe you managed to grab one single gem? You obviously think that we are stupid enough to believe that? That says a lot about you and your loyalty. Especially to those that saved your life. Or would you have rather died back in that zombie infested room?"

Shaking his head, Mal writes Aver off as someone that should have gone with the other thugs. At least they had no misconception of their titles.

jackslate45

First Post
"Aver, can I borrow you spell book real quick? I want to see if there is anything that I can use today." Ernestine asks, looking up from her spell book, ignoring Mal's accusations.

Turning towards the rest of the group, Ern says "Anything we know about the city would be great. Sewer entrances are also useful, although not preferred for obvious reasons. However, my vote is for a bee line as well. We should be able to talk the guards down, if it comes to it. That will give us enough time to scope the city."
[sblock=Status]HP: 14/17
AC: 13 FF: 10 T: 13
F: +3 R: +4 W: +2
Crossbow: +5 1d8 20
0: Detect Magic x2, Read Magic
1: Grease, Benign Transposition, SM 1 x2, Nerveskitter(Spellcraft 16 from Aver's notebook if allowed)
2: Glitterdust, Mage Armor(Extended), SM 2 x2
[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth snorts at Aver's claim and excuse. Fancy that, I'm agreeing with Mal more and more, it seems. However, he doesn't bother to waste his breath pointing out Aver's idiocy.

"While I doubt we could really talk the guards down, we might be able to get them to hold off long enough to get the attention of someone more powerful and capable of making them stop. Direct approach sounds best to me. Attempting to sneak in to the city or mislead could easily be misinterpreted for hostility. If we approach directly, but in an obviously peaceful manner, it would probably do less harm than trying to slip through a side door."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Good way to get peppered full of holes too," Aver says to Jareth before turning his attention to Malaroc. "I was trying to see if that one was worth taking and I didn't get a chance to look at any others. I did give you two pockets full of gold < not really full > why are you upset I only kipped one gem."

< Note: Aver's contribution wasn't just one gem. There was only one gem among the coins. Still though for a greed elf it was small potatoes. >

The elf mumbles something and goes off to be alone in a corner. He protects his belongs when Ern asks to see his spellbook holding his pack close to his chest, and giving her an evil stare.

"We have that crown and so we will defiantly go and see the elders. If the Treylor are coming for it, then Tharivol isn't the reason for the invasion and so they won't kill him."

She looks thoughtful for a moment as if remembering something special. "As for Tirol I haven't been there in a long time. My mother and I moved to the borders to..." she stops but grins. "Let's just say out of sight. Out of mind."

"And Tirol doesn't have things like gates and stations, and such. Those are human things. Tirol is a great open city of towers and palaces, nestled around the trees and forest. We will have no trouble getting in we just need to be allowed to get from here to there."

Standing and dusting off her breeches she adds, "A beeline it is then. We make as quick as we can through the forest, and hope for the best. Is everyone ready?"

jackslate45

First Post
With a small shake of the head at Aver, Ernestine says "It is acting like that which makes you suspicious Aver. And besides, we have a certian spell warrior who can protect us from Arrows quite well," Ernestine said with a small nod towards Trinham.

"At any rate, I am ready." she finishes, slamming her spell book and standing up.

[sblock=Status]HP: 14/17
AC: 13 FF: 10 T: 13
F: +3 R: +4 W: +2
Crossbow: +5 1d8 20
0: Detect Magic x2, Read Magic
1: Grease, Benign Transposition, SM 1 x2, Feather Fall
2: Glitterdust, Mage Armor(Extended), SM 2 x2
[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth bites his tongue as a sharp comment tries to make its way past his lips. It's sore tempting to say Take your cowardice out of your pocket and leave it in that corner when we leave, elf, but he knows it wouldn't do any good. He fights down the impulse and collects his things. "Ready."

Chain looped from left shoulder to right hip like a bandoleer, dagger in the boot, crossbow at his left hip, the red-haired young man sets out with a stony visage.

[sblock=OOC]
Jareth's status... We really need someone to at least manage a wand of Cure Light Wounds.

Jareth AC 19 normal, HP 25/39
Quick Cast: Used 0/1
Spells:
0-level: Used 0/6
1-level: Used 0/7
2-level: Used 0/4
[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Mal ignores Avers' mumblings as he notes the description of Tirol. "Then a direct path sounds like what everyone is intent on doing. I too am ready to head out."

He gathers his gear and waits for someone to lead them to Tirol.

[sblock=Stats]HP: 27/36 (How much do we heal overnight? I healed 1hp per level)
AC 18[/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham checks that he has packed everything and is ready to move out. At the same time he is secretly pleased that the others had the same thought as him. That sneaking up on the elves is a bad idea. Perhaps he is not as bad at strategy as he knows he is.

Picking Moggins up and putting him his backpack, he says "Ready"

Remove ads