• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Key to Victory

ghostcat

First Post
At the mention of fish and fishing, Trinham's eyes light up and he eagerly starts rooting in his pouches and backpack looking for his fishing gear. Realising that this is another thing he hasn't packed, he curses quietly too himself. Having no fishing gear, he considers trying fish tickling. He has heard about this from some of the old men in his village but has never seen it done. Half listening to the others, he realises that he should be participating in their conversation not messing about. However, he is not without resources. "Mogins how do you fancy catching us some fish?" he says to his cat. Mogins gave Trinham a funny look which he interpretated as "Fish are nice but water is not nice". "Please", "Well OK but only because you asked so nicely"

Mogins trots off to the stream to try his paws at fishing while Trinham joins the others and takes the weight off his feet. Although are settled and reasonably safe, Trinham he keep his cocked crossbow on the floor beside him and keeps checking the tunnels. Just has he has decided to re-broach the subject of Jareth's auspicious appearance, Ernestine has her outburst. Trinham as always considered himself the voice of reason in the group. Well with the possible exception anything connected to Lora, who seemed to have a knack for rubbing him up the wrong way. So he decides its up to him to try to smooth things over. Heaving himself up and walking over to where Ernestine is laying he says "I am sorry if we have been pushing you hard but look at it from our point of view. We are deep in, what to us is, enemy territory, were the only people we expect to meet are elves. You then tell us a story that is so full of holes we could us it to catch fish. I am glad you finally told us the truth. Personally, I am now inclined to trust you and let you join us." Turning to the others he says "Well what do you think?"

Last edited:

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"Was being an :):):):):):):):) part of the training or are you just naturally gifted?" Aver asks, looking up from his spellbook with an inquiring scholarly expression. "Good with that chain though I'll grant. So I forgive you - I am known for my magnanimity."

"But seriously try relaxing, we will get your friend back, you getting your knickers in a twist and snapping at folk trying to help you is not going to help him. My people are arrogant gits with their heads stuck so far up their traditional pasty buttocks that they cannot see the worth in humans. But that is a double edged sword, they give themselves blindspots and they cannot compete with ingenuity."

jackslate45

First Post
Ern turns around, and tears can been seen from her eyes. It looks like it is taking an enormous effort to hold them back. "Right, I hate the truth. It is the worst thing in the world. I hated the fact that I will always, and forever, be considered something so foul as a Reaver. Nothing will change what I have done. Nothing. As for questions, they can wait." With that, Ern lays down in full. She rips up the sleeve of her shirt, and starts bandaging her stomach. "As for getting out of here, it should wait a few hours. I think we should rest a little."

When Trinham stands up for her, she bows her head, and mouths something. No words are heard.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"Besides, we aren't all friends. Perhaps one day, but not this day. We are recent acquaintances with a common goal. Sounds like yours of getting out of here is along our line of thinking. That says enough for me..."

Mal then sits with his back to the back wall and begins to clean the newfound weapon. Pulling his tools out, he finds the ones he needs and slowly works with them.

"I can keep first watch, perhaps with Aver over there, since he's got a fishing cat and eyes in the book?"

Last edited:

Lughart

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Sorry about the slow posting, I just now got my computer back from the shop.[/sblock]Cedric holds his crossbow to his chest, checking to see if it's properly loaded every ten minutes or so. Corpses. Dead men, rising to take the living with them to their fate. He looks behind him every time he remembers. Making sure there are no more. He doesn't know, but he has to be sure. He has heard tales of the undead before, but never witnessed them himself. Never had a reason to believe. He now believes, and it's taking it's toll on his mind. "I'll help you watch." whispers Cedric, the first thing he's said in a long time. He sits down next to Mal, clutching his crossbow like a baby resting in his arms. His eyes stay open.[sblock=OOC again]Cedric will stay awake for the first watch, then slip into a deep sleep. He'll hopefully be in better shape the next day.[/sblock]

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Aver grins waggling his eyebrows, "Fine by me. But heck you lot saved my life, and I don't see anybody trying to kill me. Friends! You will find if you lower your standards the world is a much nicer place."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Watch!? How can you all talk about watches with a lying Reaver around?"

Tira pipes up standing near where Jareth paces. "They are evil, very evil people, and Vestor he has never forgiven the Nandirly. If they came here it was for a reason that certainly bodes ill towards the elves. We have to tell the elders that they are running through these tunnels looking for the treasure again."

Everyone turns eyes towards the slight half-elf at the word treasure. Jareth stops to look at her and asks the obvious question. "What treasure?"

Tira looks slightly embarrassed and kicks at the dirt. "I'm sorry were not suppose to talk about it, the elders they..."

"Tira what treasure?" Jareth asks with a little more force in his words.

"Vestor's hoard. The elders say the old green dragon left it behind when he fled. And since he has been forbidden to enter Fanshaw he sends the Reavers in to retrieve it. But it was so long ago and most those that knew the location are dead or..." she gulps to wet her dry throat. "Or undead, that they stop coming about twenty or so years ago. It must be what these Reavers are looking for, and she may be a spy for them." Tira finishes folding her arms and looking sternly at the summoner.

[sblock=FtF] Don't forget what Emma said about the Reavers stealing something from the Treylor and hiding it in the caves under Fanshaw[/sblock]

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
Ern was listening to Tira's rant, and something in there clicked.

She jumped up, and the bandages and shirt all fall off. However, clearly distracted by Tira, a look of understanding seems to raise on her face.

"Wait what? That damned thing is here?!"

Ern was wide eyed at this point, and started pacing herself. Her mouth is moving rapidly as she moves back and forth. Mouthing furiously, she keeps pacing. Of course! It makes sense now why they wanted me killed before I escaped into here. Damnit!

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Flicking a page over Aver grins sheepishly, "Treasure? How did I miss out on hearing about that? True I never really paid attention, but they could have had the courtesy to point out that bit as important. Aver this bits about loot, something like that. Bad manners I call it. Just because I am a basterd in every sense of the word does not mean I don't deserve obscenely large piles of treasure. Well. maybe it does, but I still want them."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Only the Watchers know. And it is the main reason we watch the borders, to keep the Reavers away. It wasn't common knowledge because if any humans found out there was a dragon hoard around and no dragon..." she stops just letting the thought hang there.

"And what is she indecently mumbling about?" Tira asks.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads