• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Lamentation of Lolth - Chapter III

Majin

First Post
As Ayden begins his slow but steady walk and gets closer to the center of the compound he notices a large shrine composed of four axes arranged in a circle, their heads touching. Hanging from the axe heads are necklaces and other personal effects, as well as a smooth river stone bearing an inscription. The haft of each axe is broken to half its original length. Around the axes are four small fires burning aromatic leaves.

Lizardfolk are seen throughout the compound, the women and their young rushing quickly into their huts as they see the cleric approach. A large male dives into the water and can be clearly seen making his way toward the burned-out tree to the north.

Another of the males holds up a hand, gesturing for Ayden and the rest of the party to stop and wait. He then turns and looks toward the blackened tree. After a few minutes, the lizardfolk male who swam out to the hillock re-emerges and gestures toward the village. A pair of flat-bottomed river boats are brought out of one of the larger huts, and the lizardfolk beckon for the party to enter the boats. Still, none of the lizardfolk speak.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Drogo

"I think we should go with them," says Drogo. "The water naga of whom we have heard probably lives by that tree. I think we have no choice but to trust them. I will go. Perhaps one person should stay behind. Or I could leave a note on Rex to take back to town in case we do not ever return."

Verbatim

Explorer
As Ayden approached, he was relieved to see that the lizardmen did not immediately rush to attack them.

~I hope this is not simply a ruse to lull us into a false sense of hope...~

Ayden wished that the females and children were not afraid of him, but under the circumstances, it was a fear he could all too well understand. Doing his best to look as non-threatening as he could, Ayden watched as one tribesmen dove into the water and began swimming for the burned out tree to the north.

Taking a few moments, Ayden admired the shrine and tried to read the inscription on the stone in front of him, however, his time was cut short when he caught movement in the corner of his eye and watched as large flat bottomed boats were brought out from the huts around them.

As the halfling druid seemed to read his mind, Ayden nodded his head in agreement.

"Aye, it would seem that they do wish us to go with them. Let us pray that the stump is not blackened from those who made the same mistake."

Turning to face the closest lizardman, Ayden tried speaking to him first in what he hoped was a more familiar tongue, the language of wyrms.

"I am Ayden Wyvernspur, and I and my companions are here in peace. May I go tell those who are behind me that you wish us to go to the tree? I will only be a moment."

Majin

First Post
The lizardman considers Ayden for a moment before nodding silently and gesturing behind Ayden at the rest of the party.

Verbatim

Explorer
Nodding his head in thanks, Ayden thought it might be best to just follow suit with the tribesman.

Throwing his hands in the air, he began to gesture for them to approach. Once he saw them moving foward, Ayden looked back down at Drogo.

"The more the merrier I say..."

Jarval

Explorer
Andreas steps forwards to stand along side Ayden, Calenthang and Drogo. He over to the blackened stump slightly nerviously.

"They're friendly, then?" He asks Ayden, nodding towards the lizardfolk.

Verbatim

Explorer
"If Finder and Tymora favor us at all today they will be, otherwise, I fear that blackened stump may be the last sight we see before meeting our gods face to face."

When all had arrived, Ayden nodded his head in thanks to their watcher and stepped onto the boat, doing his best to hide the nervousness he felt.

Majin

First Post
OOC: Sorry for not replying here guys, but I'm waiting to discuss with Kirinke who her character will be inserted into the campaign, which could affect the next IC post I would make. So I'll continue once we work that out. :) Shouldnt take too long. ;)

Majin

First Post
OOC: Just a little note to you guys saying I'm still with ya! Kirinke's character is almost finalized and then we just need to discuss how to get her in-game, which hopefully won't take longer then some time tommorrow night. Look for a new post then, friday night the latest if all things go well!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads