• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Lamentation of Lolth - Chapter V

Majin

First Post
After saying their farewells and making any final preparations for descending into the hole in the forest the party. Upon closer inspection of the area near the hole you see a large stone obelisk lying on the ground, nearly completely covered with years of moss and forest undergrowth. In the bare patch of earth where the stone once stood gapes a black, 5-foot-wide hole in the ground. Soft fluttering sounds well up from the hole, indicating that bats may have settled within a cavern below.

Velmont

First Post
Sielwoodan looks in the hole for a moment. He than turn to Dunstand "I think you said holes was your speciality, street rats. Want to lead or you let me go first? Natural caves are not foreign things to me, if you want to know."

OOC: Just a note, Sielwoodan have moderate encoumbrance due to the weight of his backpack, as he left Felmir at the town, thinking that he couldn't follow, and took his climbing gears with him, and two full quiver of arrows.

hippocrachus

First Post
"If someone would be so kind as to throw a light down inside, I would be willing to go first," Calenthang says, trying to limit in-party bickering.

kirinke

First Post
OOC:
Does the obliesk look like the one in the forest on the way to the fair maj?

IC
Teleri looks at the obliesk with a frown. "Doesn't this look like that obliesk thing back in the forest before we came to the fair?" she asks suspiciously as she grabs a nearby stick, ties a rope around it and mutters a quick prayer over said stick. (Casting light on the stick) "Only not standing up?"

OOC:
After she casts the spell on the stick, she will then lower the glow-rod down the hole, because she knows better than to drop it willy-nilly. :)

Last edited:

Mimic

First Post
On spotting the obliesk Broddy goes over to inspect it, looking for any markings/runes. Anything to indicate what it was and what it was used for.

Dhes

Explorer
Dunstand takes his bull’s-eye lantern out of his backpack and patently fills is with oil. When the lamp is lit, he walks over end shins his lamp into the hole. “Next time we only fight stuff that lives above ground, first we have to wade through a tunnel with waist high water and now we have to go through waits high bat :):):):).”

Ooc: is it a straight drop? Or can we walk down?

kirinke

First Post
OOC: darn that grandma filter! Darn! LOL

IC:
Teleri snorts back a laugh as she finishes tying off her now glowing stick. "Well, I hope this helps some." she said. "Dunstand, I'd save the lamp oil until we really need it."

She peers closer at the hole, looking for steps, something and winces at the unmistakable odor of bat-droppings. "Bat-goo. Lovely. I don't know about you guys, but if we survive this, Therav is going to get my cleaning bill." she tells the others dryly.

Last edited:

Majin

First Post
The obelisk is nearly identical to the one seen by the party along the road, earlier the previous day. The inscription is the same.

Dropping the stick down the hole Teleri watches as it falls about 30 feet, straight down before hitting the bottom of the hole. The illumination from her spell reveals a passage at the bottom leading to the north.

Dhes

Explorer
That’s a pretty long drop, I guess that I’ll go fist than!” Extinguishing his bull’s-eye lantern he places it back into his backpack and retrieves his grappling hook and rope. When he made sure that the rope is securely tide to the hook, he looks for a place to attach it.

Giving a final tug on the rope to make sure it won’t slip, he throws the rope down the hole and turns to the others. “If you hear me scream like I girl, pull the rope up like there is no tomorrow, or there will be no tomorrow for me.” He sass with a grin.

Taking hold of the rope, Dunstand starts climbing down the hole.
(+13 Use Rope)

Verbatim

Explorer
Pulling his holy symbol out from underneath his armor, Ayden listened as Sielwoodan sent a jesting barb, at least he hoped it was the acidic tongued elf's version of a jest, at Dunstand.

~At least the situation has not fully taken away their humor from them...~

Although Ayden tried to keep his outward demeanor calm, his nerves threatened to betray him once more. He knew the task at hand was of great importance, but he could not help but worry about Lady Chasity and Andreas.

~I must find my focus...~

Seeing Dunstand preparing to lower himself down, Ayden spoke quickly to them all.

"Hold a moment Master Dundstand. In my prayers to Finder this morning, I asked him for a divination that would grant me a limited insight to the dangers we are to face in this cave. While it will not grant us the exact knowledge of what we face, it will allow us to have a general idea of safety or peril."

Holding onto the silver medallion around his neck, Ayden closed his eyes and whispered the words to the divination spell.

ooc: Cast Omen of Peril

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads