• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Lamentation of Lolth - Chapter V

kirinke

First Post
"We all share danger equally friend Calenthang," Teleri grinned at him. "If one of us falls, it twill not be your fault. If the worse happens, make it count for something, that's all I ask."

kirinke

First Post
Teleri grinned again at Calenthang, making sure that all of her weapons were easily accessible in case of eventualities and goes to pick up the stick she had cast light on. I wonder if Sehanine would grant a light spell that would be continual. That would be useful in places like this. she thought, holding it in one hand.

"Now what do we do?" she asked no one in particular as she took a closer look at the cavern, tunnel? they were in.

ooc:
ok, what's the layout of this place?

Last edited:

Majin

First Post
The miles of passages open into a chamber divided down the center by a large stalagmite formation. At the base of the rocks, a pile of refuse forms a bed in which large mushrooms and small cave creatures thrive. The stench of sewage and rotting flesh fills the still air.

The cavernous passages lead mainly north, but two passages that appear to converge on each other break off to the east along the main passage.

Verbatim

Explorer
Ayden looked at Calenthang and smiled simply at the warrior's offer to accompany the scout.

"Calenthang believe me when I say that if I could do things my way, I would walk in the lead and draw all those that would harm us to myself allowing you all to ready to face them. However, Finder has not ordained that that is the path I should walk, just as your gods have given you the strength of arm to defend your friends, but not the skills of stealth that years in the forest have granted Sielwoodan and years of being a scout have given Dundstand."

Ayden paused as he looked at both the ranger and the scout before resuming speaking.

"If you wish to learn of their skills when there is time, I have no doubt that both would be excellant teachers, but while the time for force may come, now is the time of stealth. A time when it is best not to draw any more attention to ourselves than necessary, and if that time should pass and the need for stealth be expired, rest assured that there would be none other than you leading us I would like to follow."

Hoping the warrior understood what he was trying to say, Ayden looked over once more to Sielwoodan and Dundstand.

"I never thought I would say this, but may the shadows lend you their protection where my light would give you weakness."

(at the cavern junction)

Looking around from the mouth of the passage, Ayden's nose filled with the stench of the cavern and he knew at once that they would all need to be careful in this place. He had studied on the various types of diseases that could be passed from prolonged contact with such a place and prayed that Finder would soon give him the ability to cure such illnesses should any of his companions, or himself, ever contract anything along those lines.

Hiding his sunrod slightly to mask their presence, should anything other than the grimlocks be about, Ayden turned to face the others.

"I will admit that my knowledge of the depths and what lies inside of them is very limited, so I ask you all is there anything you can think of that could help us decide which path to take? Is there a creature that could disguise itself as rock or shroom that could alert those we pursue of our presence? I know it may sound silly for me to ask these things, but please humor me. Any stray bit of knowledge you may be able to remember could help us."

Manzanita

First Post
Drogo

"As I recall, most sentry mushrooms are much larger than normal. As long as Dunstand is in the lead and alert for traps, we'll be OK."

Drogo stoops and telepaths Rex to join him in search of tracks. "We should follow the most traveled path, I would think. Our primary mission here to find the kidnapped people."

hippocrachus

First Post
"So be it, revered Ayden," Calenthang acquiesces with some misgivings and a slight bow. Not to be rendered completely useless, Calenthang follows a ways after Sielwoodan and Dunstand ahead of the others.
Calenthang prefers to keep his knowledge of those that dwell below to himself, though pointedly eyeing the stalactites and stalagmites with contempt.

kirinke

First Post
ooc:
kidnapped people? I thought that only the members of our party had been kidnapped by the white council and they were being held in another town. Am I missing something?

Do we actually know of any people who have been kidnapped by whatever in this hole? The only thing we have to go on is the possible attack/assumed abduction attempt on Therav. Or are we simply making sure that this place is clean before moving on?

IC:
Teleri shook her head. "I never really had a chance to make a study of underground places. My da always told me to avoid em if possible and mom was too busy cramming as much healing knowledge as she could into my head."

Last edited:

Dhes

Explorer
“I don’t think we should jump to conclusions, up till now there have been no signs of danger.” Clasping Sielwoodan on the shoulder, “let’s go, I’m sure the two of us can hold any danger at bay.”

Ooc: I’ll talk with Majin to C if we can make a map of our progress.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads