The 'learn about d&d' flash demo & the upcoming Basic Set

Zulithe

Explorer
I was wandering around www.wizards.com/dnd and decided to check out the "Learn About D&D" section since I hadn't looked at it in a while, in case they had updated it. They've totally redesigned it, though this may be old news by now. It couldn't have been too long ago since it makes references to The Warforged in at least one place. Anyway, I clicked on the "Explore The D&D Game" link it had and went to the "Where To Next?" section and it has a picture of the upcoming D&D basic set and 3 of the minis. A Black Dragon, a skeleton and a lizardfolk.

So I looked at the product page for the Basic set here and it says it will come with 16 non-random minis. Wow! Does anyone know if any of these will be unique, or are they pulled from the existing minis?

I myself do not own any of the new plastic pre-painted minis but this would be a nice way to get started. I'm always having to introduce new players so having a Basic Set lying around is often helpful.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Zulithe said:
So I looked at the product page for the Basic set here and it says it will come with 16 non-random minis. Wow! Does anyone know if any of these will be unique, or are they pulled from the existing minis?

Issue 320 of Dragon had information on the contents of the D&D Basic set, including the miniatures included in it:

1x Regdar, Adventurer (uncommon from Giants of Legend)
1x Lidda, Adventurer (uncommon from Giants of Legend)
1x Aramil, Adventurer (uncommon from Giants of Legend)
1x Eberk, Adventurer (uncommon from Giants of Legend)
1x Medium Black Dragon (rare from Dragoneye)
1x Troglodyte (common from Dragoneye)
1x Dire Rat (common from Giants of Legend)
1x Wolf Skeleton (common from Harbinger)
2x Warrior Skeleton (common from Archfiends)
2x Orc Warrior (common from Harbinger)
2x Kobold Warrior (common from Harbinger)
2x Kobold Skirmisher (common from Dragoneye)

Other contents:
4 double-sided map tiles
4 character cards
7 dice
Quick-start Rulebook
Adventure Book
Expanded Rulebook

Cheers!

Zulithe

Explorer
Ahh it was a Troglodyte :) Thanks Merric, I should have known it was you to count on when it comes to anything related to minis :p

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Zulithe said:
Ahh it was a Troglodyte :) Thanks Merric, I should have known it was you to count on when it comes to anything related to minis :p

You're welcome! :D

In fact, my interest in the Basic set is more due to a love that in more important than what I've done with the D&D Miniatures: My love of introducing new people to the game.

I'm just setting up a page on my site which will gather together information about the Basic Set - I've been meaning to do so for months!

Cheers!

Ottergame

First Post
MerricB said:
You're welcome! :D

In fact, my interest in the Basic set is more due to a love that in more important than what I've done with the D&D Miniatures: My love of introducing new people to the game.

I'm just setting up a page on my site which will gather together information about the Basic Set - I've been meaning to do so for months!

Cheers!

I wish I could love the minis. They are just to expensive and to hard to get a hold of. I am sticking with pewter ones, even though my painting skills suck.

Remove ads