The Liberation of Tenh (updated April 24)

dpdx

Explorer
{Insert gleeful cackle here.}

Beautiful. Good thing Heydricus didn't let Thrommel bleed off some of his party members.

Barastrondo

First Post
“That which you leap over can be more easily trampled.”

I love this line. "Don't bother with the more cunning or subtle approach, My children; I, Tritherion the Summoner, remind you that blatant violence shall be thy comfort in dark times."

Tritherion doesn't just kick ass, he demands that everyone else kick ass too.

Tellerve

mhmmm, kicking ass, fun fun fun :)

So, contact, if you were to do it over again would you have allowed a crystal ball with true seeing? I know in Sepulchrave's(spelling?) story hour the mage has a Mirror of Mental Prowess that he oftentimes laments about being in the campaign. Do you think the crystal ball will be a something similar? (obviously to a lesser degree)

Tellerve

(contact)

Explorer
Tellerve said:
mhmmm, kicking ass, fun fun fun :)

So, contact, if you were to do it over again would you have allowed a crystal ball with true seeing?

Oh yeah, sure. At higher levels, PCs become powerful and can do all sorts of things-- I think Pris' viewing of her enemies has been a great opportunity for me to highlight vital speed bumps (er, deadly enemies).

Urbanmech

Explorer
Isn't there a chance that the bad guys will detect Pris's scrying? I thought all you needed to detect someone scrying on you was a Int of 12+ and to roll a DC20 Scry check? Or maybe they didn't notice, lucky for the Liberators. I predict a good ass kicking in the next post or too. Hopefully this latest set of evil villians will be more than just a speed bump...

(contact)

Explorer
Urbanmech said:
Isn't there a chance that the bad guys will detect Pris's scrying? I thought all you needed to detect someone scrying on you was a Int of 12+ and to roll a DC20 Scry check?

Right, but that's a tough Int check at +1 to the die. The target in question had a 13 Int and no wizard levels. I'm sure the scry rules will get a 'fix' for 3.5e, but untill they do? C'est la D . . .

Hopefully this latest set of evil villians will be more than just a speed bump...

I'll never te-ell. [/Don't Say A Word]

Urbanmech

Explorer
I'll never te-ell. [/Don't Say A Word]

Oh could this mean we are in for some RBDM bad guys? I can't wait if that is the case. I don't know why but as much as I root for the Liberators, I also want to see the other side inflict some hurt (and killing Thromel doesn't count). Maybe it is all the plotting that goes on in the other thread that makes me want to see the bad guys have a good day.

Then again maybe it is just a yearning for the old ToEE2 days of CARNAGE, CARNAGE, CARNAGE. /Monster truck rally voice

incognito

First Post
Oh could this mean we are in for some RBDM bad guys? I can't wait if that is the case. I don't know why but as much as I root for the Liberators, I also want to see the other side inflict some hurt (and killing Thromel doesn't count). Maybe it is all the plotting that goes on in the other thread that makes me want to see the bad guys have a good day.

Amen Brother: (contact)'s original RtToEE story hour was grisly. the players actually feared death on a per session basis!

As they reach higher level though, it a) becomes harder to make death anything more than annoying (ie: lose a level) b) the players are more invested in thier characters. Personality, plot hooks, etc etc. What would the Liberators be without Heydricus, Jespo, or Pris?

Still, I would like to see the Liberators have a nervous moment, or run, or realize they are in between a rock, and a hard place. Instead of "Let's go kick so and so's butt" it would be "Are we able to kick so and so's butt?"

Last edited:

Urbanmech

Explorer
I agree with you incognito, I don't want the Liberators to loose Heydricus, Pris or Jespo. I do want to see them flee from a fight or think twice before handing down the ass-kicking.

Then again after enduring all the death that was the ToEE2 maybe it is better on their egos to go into the fight with high spirits and suprise the bad guys with their gumption. If the powerful villians think that no one will trample their plans and up pop the Liberators out of the blue. Suprise is quite a nice thing to have on your side.

Remove ads