• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Liberation of Tenh (updated April 24)

Barastrondo

First Post
Joshua Randall said:
Would speak with dead work on a formerly-awakened, now-dead wolf? If not, then why isn't there a combination of speak with dead and speak with animals for just this situation?

My guess:

Dabus: "Who changed your body's shape?"

Wolf: "Boss."

Dabus: "What does your boss look like?"

Dabus: "Is your boss a two-legs?"

Wolf: "Yeah."

Dabus: "What kind of two-legs?"

Dabus: "How do you tell him apart from everyone else?"

Wolf: "Smell."

Dabus: "What does he smell like?"

Not exactly high on the list of clerical priority.

Urbanmech

Explorer
Good updates! Nice use of the polymorphed dire wolves, esp having them act like a pack even though they had been turned into dragons. Things were not looking good for the Liberators if it really had been six Huge Red Dragons...

I must add yea for a druid bad guy! Druids are one of 3rd ed hidden secrets. People get caught up looking at the stupid weapon restrictions and don't stare at the amazingly versitile spell list. Druids are the swiss army knife class of the game. What tatics has your player been using to wipe out your other dungeons? Please share if you would be so kind Mr. Contact Sir.

(contact)

Explorer
She recently awakened her dire panther animal companion, making it the equivalent of a 9th level fighter with better first-round attacks (Pounce, Rake) and has been wild shaping into everything from a lizard (to scout ahead) to a rhinocerous (to knock down doors).

For a few sessions, I had mis-read the rules and was allowing her to wild shape into dire critters, which was sick and wrong. She'll get that ability back at 12th level.

She rides into battle on the back of her awakened dire panther, uses Mounted Combat to keep the panther (the party's best fighter) from getting hit, and freaking lays a swath of death with a shilleleagh and bramble / spike (from the Defenders of the Faith book) enhanced quarterstaff.

She also has a nifty 4th level buff spell that is giving the entire party +4 Str and +9d4 hp (avg. 22) for 9 rds that stacks with their Endurance bonuses.

Also, she killed a dragon with a poison spell. Yeesh.

Her pass without trace has made it impossible for her enemies to follow the PCs back to their hidden lair, allowing them to make raids without suffering any reprisals. That right there is crucial because in D&D the side that is prepared for a fight (short-duration buff spells active) generally wins.

Those are a few things, but you get the idea. It's a really powerful and versitile class, IMO.

Let's Hear It for the Druid

My baby, she don't talk sweet
She ain't got much to saa-aaa-ayy.
But she's a wild shapin' Dru-id,
And I know that she kicks a$$ any-waaay.

Let's hear it for the Druid!
Yeah, let's give the Druid a ha-aaa-aand

etc.

Man, I must be feeling really silly. I considered deleting this post, but what the heck.

dpdx

Explorer
My baby, she don't dress fine,
but that's all right by meeeee...
and she buffs me buffs me buffs me all the time,
to kill those bad Pee-Ceeees...

Last edited:

(contact)

Explorer
I have a big LoT update in the batter's box for y'all. It's about twice the size of usual, and I'd like to edit it for spelling mistakes (*coughrulesmistakescough*) before I post.

:)

p.s.: you f--ckers have put that stupid song in my head three times now. :p

Maybe she's no Juliet, but she's been trained well by her pet . . . woah, woah, oh oh . . .

ThoughtBubble

First Post
(contact) said:
I have a big LoT update in the batter's box for y'all. It's about twice the size of usual, and I'd like to edit it for spelling mistakes (*coughrulesmistakescough*) before I post.

:)

You know, I'm going to be here all night hitting the refresh button over and over now....

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads