• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Long Sleep

Shayuri

First Post
Forehead beaded with sweat, Ash nods gratefully at Victor. "Thanks."

Then she half-rises, not certain what to do next.

"Am I going too, should I stay here? Something tells me Hope's not going anywhere if they don't want us to..."

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
The sudden relied of stress puts Ze at a loss for words, and forces him to resort to his mother tongue: "Obrigado Ashley!", he says thankfully.

He gets his gear and follows the group: "There's no way I'm going to miss the show, whatever happens!" he says to those around.

Rhun

First Post
Victor trails after Lem, still debating in his head how to handle a combat situation should one arise. Perhaps he could disarm an enemy and take his weapon...his dermal armor enhancements should protect him long enough to successfully accomplish such a feat. Of course, if they were really hundreds of years in the future, the enemy may have weapons that could simply disintegrate him. He shuddered at that thought.

Shayuri

First Post
Ash hesitates a second longer, then hurries after everyone.

"Good point," she notes. "They can order me to stay if they want. Otherwise I'm going."

Kaodi

Hero
" You know, I feel honoured to be among the first anachronisms to ever get a chance to communicate with our own more advanced species, " says Andrew, wistfully. " And I'm glad I get to share the honour with you guys, and, uh, gal... "

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Continuously moving forward, Lem caresses is gun a moment. "Don't be too optimistic, folks. Your sci-fi is to optimistic, not like good Eastern European literature. That was beautifully realistic."

Shayuri

First Post
"Hey," Ash points out. "If they want us dead...we're pretty much dead at this point. A few soldiers with handguns aren't going to change that. Our best bet right now I think is keeping our heads down and looking very cute and helpless until we know who we're dealing with. The optimistic sci fi, or the Eastern European sci fi."

lonesoldier

First Post
The airlock's doors take forever and a day to cycle open, but soon enough you are on the catwalks, where gravity pulls your feet down to the metal of the floor. You don't really notice the odd colouration of it though, your eyes are drawn to the other sights about you. Saying the Hope is large is a bit of an understatement, but there are levels of catwalks going all the way down to the floor and all the way up to the ceiling. And looking sideways through the different bays you can see a variety of spacecraft, sleek and streamlined; nothing like your ship.

A few ... humans ... walk around the catwalks, on levels other than the one you are on now. They regard your spaceship and yourself with more than a polite degree of curiosity. There seems to be no one showing up to talk to you, and Admiral seems dumbfounded by the scale of the structure. At the end of the walkway it joins another perpendicular walkway going toward other bays and there's also a large white-plastic semi-circle in the wall at the intersection (presumably a door).

Remove ads