• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Mésalliance. Part 1. (Updated 4/18.)

Baron Opal

First Post
I would be rather disappointed if Eadric embraced Oblivion, although I think that he does have the where-with-all to endure the test.

It warms my DMing heart to see Sep have Graz'zt take an active role. It greatly disturbs characters and players to become the hunted.

I also like to see the players / characters slowly finding and utilizing other resources / allies in their war against Graz'zt. In my campaign the players may decide to move against an elder dragon and they have not used the same opportunities. Woe to them... :]

Baron Opal

Pyske

Explorer
Another thought... does Graz'zt have a silver cord? Clearly, the implication in the story is projection, not plane shift. In both 3.0 and 3.5, severing the cord is fatal. "If the cord is broken, the character is killed, astrally and materially." Is this the rash act our heroes have been waiting for?

. . . . . . . -- Eric

William Ronald

Explorer
Another great update, Sepulchrave! I found Eadric's response to Soneillion to be interesting and appropriate -- I think Eadric is as true to his inner nature as Soneillion is to hers. (Mind you, I think Eadric is learning more about himself and the worlds around him.) To accept Soneillion's offer would be a betrayal of himself -- and loyalty is one of Eadric's cardinal values.

I am interested in learning more about Ninit, Lai, and Rhul. The plot thickens -- and the story is as good as ever!

By the way, how is the house hunting project going?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Excellent, excellent update, Sep. Your writing always inspires to think bigger when it comes to my own homebrewed world.

Cheers!

KF72

grodog

Hero
Wow.

Just wow.

That's not an easily-won wow either: I don't wow easily. Even the past several very good updates weren't wows for me.

But wow.

Nice work, as always Sep! Hats off to your players and their ability to save their bacon in six seconds or less. I wonder what, if anything, Dan learned about Graz'zt that he didn't already know as Mostin studied him through the gate....

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
I *always* notice these updates when I'm really pressed for time at work!

dangit.

Well, no help for it. I'm going to have to get fired.

:: waddles off to read the update ::

For whatever reason, these updates have a very Moorcockian (as in Michael Moorcock, Elric of Melnibone) feel to them. Especially the part about Rhul et al. -- they remind me of the various supernatural entitities whose help Elric sought in his various adventures (especially Stormbringer, the book). Of course, most of Elric's allies ended up as soul-food for Stormbringer, the sword... we can hope Eadric won't follow that path!

My hat is also off to Sep for employing "one hand giveth and the other taketh away" -- at the same time that Graz'zt begins taking a more active role, the heroes also gain new allies. Good DM trick to keep things in a state of tense balance.

As for Nym, I take it that his discarding of his torc is meant to symbolize his adoption of the Vow of Poverty (and the accompanying Acetic benefits) from Book of Exalted Deeds.

Azure Trance

First Post
Joshua Randall said:
As for Nym, I take it that his discarding of his torc is meant to symbolize his adoption of the Vow of Poverty (and the accompanying Acetic benefits) from Book of Exalted Deeds.
A +8 to his wisdom among the other juicy benefits are sure to help his material dispossession.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads