OSR The Monster Overhaul

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I've read that printed copies are expected to be available in the near future at a UK retailer. Does someone know if a PDF is included with the purchase?

Last edited:

JohnF

Adventurer
Big thanks to @Whizbang Dustyboots for the recommendation on this book - it is superb! A true monster resource! I bought the book+PDF from IPR just yesterday morning and it has already proven its worth. I took a quick glance at the wight page just before my players arrived, and the big bad of yesterday's dungeon suddenly got way more interesting!

And though this book is truly all about the monsters, I will use its generic maps again and again and again. They're utility stuff that will always be relevant.

This book plus the random encounters in Shadowdark plus the location charts and other entries in The Tome of Adventure Design will 1) save me enormous prep time, and 2) elevate the level of wonder, discovery, and surprises in all of my games. Love it!

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
Yes, I know about IPR. I bought from them in the past, but unfortunately, shipping costs to Europe have became prohibitive. I was wondring if specifically SoulMuppet in the UK included the PDF.
I believe all three of us (IPR, SoulMuppet, and Compose Dream Games) always bundle the PDF.

I also know both IPR and us (Compose Dream Games) encourage publishers to join bits-n-mortar, so that if you get it at a retailer you are entitled to a PDF. We (Compose Dream Games) extend that guarantee to our Canadian retailer customers even if a publisher isn't part of bit-n-mortar. It looks like Coins & Scrolls isn't part of that program at the moment.

Our cheapest shipping option to Europe is ~24 EUR, but that does take 4-12 weeks to get to you and doesn't include tracking.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I believe all three of us (IPR, SoulMuppet, and Compose Dream Games) always bundle the PDF.

I also know both IPR and us (Compose Dream Games) encourage publishers to join bits-n-mortar, so that if you get it at a retailer you are entitled to a PDF. We (Compose Dream Games) extend that guarantee to our Canadian retailer customers even if a publisher isn't part of bit-n-mortar. It looks like Coins & Scrolls isn't part of that program at the moment.

Our cheapest shipping option to Europe is ~24 EUR, but that does take 4-12 weeks to get to you and doesn't include tracking.
Thanks. I've placed an order from SoulMuppet and I'm reading the PDF now... :)

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
The Grue is a scary monster. I have just looked over its stats and they are terrifying.
download (3).jpg

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
The 2nd printing just arrived with us (Compose Dream Games) and our pre-orders are already out the door.

As noted before, we get them first because they are printed here in Canada. I should really make sure to get one for myself this time around . . .

Remove ads