• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E The Multiverse is back....

Aldarc

Legend
No the passage states that in order to be a fiend something must be LE (absolutely is not mentioned at all in this context and it has already been established this is not the totality of their nature or essence and furthermore that even the same alignments allow for different ethos, philosophies, personalities and so on)... so I'm not sure where you're getting that they must be absolutely LE or even what that term means(since law and evil exists on 2 separate axis in the D&D cosmology) in regards to a platonic form or being absolutely evil or absolutely Lawful... since you can't be absolutely more than one thing... absolutely means in totality...
The passage also states that if devil cease to be LE, then they cease to be devils because Lawful Evil as an ideal is a metaphysical reality in the planes.

Imaro

Legend
The passage also states that if devil cease to be LE, then they cease to be devils because Lawful Evil as an ideal is a metaphysical reality in the planes.

I must have a faulty book because i don't see that particular part in the passage...pg. 122 right? Are you sure that's really what it says?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Same thing with Modrons; the literally lose their stat block when they fall out of metaphysical alignment with Lawful Neutrality.

Aldarc

Legend
I must have a faulty book because i don't see that particular part in the passage...pg. 122 right? Are you sure that's really what it says?
You must have a faulty book indeed, because I see that it says that if a devil becomes something other than LE then they cease being a devil. That's a metaphysical reality of alignment.

Imaro

Legend
Same thing with Modrons; the literally lose their stat block when they fall out of metaphysical alignment with Lawful Neutrality.

You realize modrons prove my point... they are absolute law and order (one thing)... and every one of them has LN (i.e. pure Lawful) as their alignment...

Imaro

Legend
You must have a faulty book indeed, because I see that it says that if a devil becomes something other than LE then they cease being a devil. That's a metaphysical reality of alignment.

So it doesn't actually say what you claimed it did in your previous post... got it.

Imaro

Legend
That is literally the opposite of the point I understood you to be making, which is fascinating.

Post #735 ... Law/Good/Evil/Chaos are metaphysical forces... LG is not, it's an alignment... LE is not it's an alignment... one can be absolutely evil/chaotic/lawful/etc... One cannot be absolutely LG or LE because it makes no sense.

Aldarc

Legend
So it doesn't actually say what you claimed it did in your previous post... got it.
Do you even know what you are arguing at this point? Or your eyes just go red when anyone dares to question you? It would be helpful if you could refer to the previous post of mine you have in mind. You seem to think that I'm saying two different things here:
So are you interested in a conversation or are you just deadset in insisting that I'm wrong?

Remove ads