The Necromancer's Skull (Judge - covaithe)

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Sorry, I though the skull and the rib was in teh same sack, so I though you had it.

Trevor takes the bag at his balt and put it on the table. Using his dagger, he open it and reveal it. "So, what kind of magic can enchant a bone? It looked like the original bone of the necromancer."

garyh

First Post
Latanos takes a long look at the onyx bone, then dons thick gloves made of some sort of scaled material and gently picks up the bone, turning it this way and that.

"This most certainly is a dark necromantic item," Latanos finally says. "This was indeed a bone of Skelleks, and it took many evil and unnatural acts to turn it into this blasphemous object. I will, of course, not speak of these acts, as it is our mission here to rid the world of such things, but I will say that it aids in the creation of undead."

"That being the case, I am most certainly interested in acquiring it from you. I will pay your group an additional 25 platinum in exchange, doubling your reward for your efforts. I believe you will find that a fair offer."

garyh

First Post
"Excellent," Latanos replies. Once more, he draws forth another twenty-five platinum pieces, weighs them, and stacks five of them onto each of the five stacks of five already on the desk.

"You have done a great service for the Temple," Latanos continues. "Keep your eye on our repossessions board, for I foresee future opportunities for you to serve us again. Thanks to you all, and may it be many years before you are greeted by the Lord of Death."

garyh

First Post
This brings our adventure to a close! Congratulations, this is the first completed Living 4th Edition adventure!

Below are your XP and treasure totals for confirmation by our Judge, covaithe. Once he's posted certifying the totals, you may link to this post for your Wiki character sheet. Oh, and my DM Credits are listed as well!

EXPERIENCE POINTS

Encounter List

1 - Skill Challenge - Find Town (Complexity 5)
Success - 500 XP

2 - Skill Challenge - Find Tomb (Complexity 5)
Failure

2A - Graveyard Fight -
Zombie Rotters (4) - 125 XP
Gravehounds (3) - 450 XP
Total - 575 XP

2B - Skill Challenge - Find Tomb (Complexity 1)
Success - 100 XP

3 - Tomb Entrance
Ochre Jelly - 300 XP
Whirling Blade Trap - 200 XP
Total - 500 XP

4 - Trophy Room
Spear Guantlet (2) - 250 XP
False-Floor Pit - 100 XP
Total - 350 XP

5 - Burial Chamber
Blazing Skeleton - 200 XP
Skeleton (2) - 300 XP
Decrepit Skeleton (4) - 100 XP
Magic Crossbow Trap - 150 XP
Total - 750 XP

Total Adventure XP = 2,775 XP
Per Party Member = 555 XP
Two Months Time XP (2*83) = 166 XP

FINAL TOTAL XP PER PARTY MEMBER = 721 XP for each of Skalisss, Steppyn, Trevor, Vixo, and Vlastos.

TREASURE

Pre-Adventure Compensation = One Healing Potion per party member, none used during the adventure

Reward for the Skull = 50 GP per party member

Price for the necromantic bone = 50 GP per party member

Items found:

Vixo - Duelist's Dagger +1, PHB 234 (Level 3)
Skalisss - Dwarven Plate +1, PHB 229 (Level 2)
Trevor - Frost Longsword +1, PHB 234 (Level 3)
Vlastos - Orb of Inevitable Continuance +1, PHB 238 (Level 3)
Steppyn - Vicious Dagger +1, PHB 236 (Level 2)

DM Credits = 4 DM Credits for garyh.

Last edited:

Brain

First Post
Vixo pockets his money and offers his hand to the priest. "Thanks for the job! It's great that we can get those nasty items out of circulation."

JRYoung

First Post
OOC: Well done Garyh, it has been a blast! Thank you.

Skalisss nods to Lantanos. "We give our thanksss to the Lord of the Dead, we all live in hisss ssshadow." And he prepares to take his leave with his friends.

Remove ads