The Necromancer's Skull (Judge - covaithe)

JRYoung

First Post
Skalisss the blue Dragonborn slides his massive form carefully onto the puny chair at the table. "Greetingsss, I am called Skalisss in the human tounge. I will consssider your proposssal."

garyh

First Post
"Excellent," Latanos tells Skalisss. "I would like one more able-bodied adventurer for this quest. Perhaps one of you could fetch that human in the scale armor. He'll do," the acolyte says, gesturing towards Trevor.

garyh

First Post
OOC: Sorry, just waiting for Velmont. I posted a message on his profile this morning, so hopefully he'll be along soon...

Velmont

First Post
Trevor arrive behind Steppyn. "He told me you had a job to propose." Compare to teh dark elf, Trevor seems brute. he is very muscular, but he has also some fat that show he is not training as regulary as he should, but even if he looks like a goon, his eyes show some signs of cleverness.

[SBLOCK=OOC]I've been writing my speech in yellow for the last 5 years for all my characters. I'll try to keep the blue, but it you find yellow speech from me, it is because of an old habit.

Also, please note between the 10 and 23, I'll be travelling, so feel free to NPC Trevor anytime to speed up thing. I'll probably show up a few time, but do like if I would not. I'll give you guideline each time I can to help you.[/SBLOCK]

garyh

First Post
"Ah, excellent," Latanos says. "You five should do nicely."

Leaning back in his chair and steepling his fingers, the acolyte finally begins to share with the assembled adventurers what it is he requires.

"As any small child knows," he begins, "Lauto is the god of death. Lord of the Underworld. King of the Grave. Master of the Final Fate. Etcetera, etcetera. Part of what that entails is a distaste for those who violate the veil of death. As such, we in the Lautonian church seek to counter the actions of those who dare offend the natural finality of mortality."

Latanos surveys the group, then continues.

"In other words, we don't take kindly to necromancers. Even after they themselves have passed on, there are rites we undertake to make a reckoning for their actions. My research has uncovered the final resting place of a necromancer that was of particular note a century ago. He and his undead terrorized Marlowe's Grove, a village in the Starkreach Woods, until it was abandoned. When his time came, Skelleks, the necromancer who tormented Marlowe's Grove, chose to place his tomb in the graveyard of Marlowe's Grove, amongst many of those who fell to his undead horrors."

Coming to the point, Latanos leans forward.

"I want you to go to Marlowe's Grove, find Skelleks' tomb, and return with his skull. It is a vital part of the... rites we Lautonians perform to cleanse the world of the evil done by such necromancers. I will give you 50 gold pieces each upon your successful return, and will give you each a potion of healing now" - the priest draws forth five vials from his cloak - "to help insure that you succeed, instead of visiting my master before your appointed time. Further, my research indicates that, while most of Skelleks' worldly goods were passed on to his apprentice - who my order has already... taken care of - some trophies of Skelleks' vanquished foes are interned with him in the tomb. These items would be yours, should you find them. The skull only do I require."

Pausing, Latanos looks over the five seated before him.

"What say you? Do we have a deal?"

Velmont

First Post
"Seems like a deal to me, but what if amongs those 'trophies', there is a necromantic item. Will you buy it back to us, as I suppose you don't want such item continue to travel the lands." ask Trevor

garyh

First Post
"If you do find anything of a necromantic nature," Lanatos replies, "I would of course be interested in acquiring it from you. As you say, we wouldn't want that sort of thing loose out in the world."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases