The Necromancer's Skull (Judge - covaithe)

Vlastos

First Post
"Good point, Trevor", agrees Vlastos, "it's also a shame we don't have a cleric of our own for this potential undead romp - will you be joining us, then, Lanatos", the wizard asks?

garyh

First Post
"No, I am too old for such things," Latanos replies, "and I have always been more at home in the temple of Lauto. But I sense the strength of Netari in Skalisss here, and I'm sure the power of the Sea King will aid you."

JRYoung

First Post
"I will help find the Ssskull" replies Skalisss. "The Sssea King is repulsssed by the Undead and it isss my duty to aid in their dessstruction".

garyh

First Post
"Excellent," Latanos tells the group. He then hands each of the five a potion of healing. "The ruins of Marlowe's Grove are a day to a day and a half north of Daunton by foot. The road that used to lead there is, like the town, long abandoned and now overgrown. Travel cautiously, for perishing in the Starkreach will do Lauto little good - the skull is more important to the Master of the Grave than five new guests."

Skill Challenge: Navigate the Starkreach Woods to find the abandoned village of Marlowe's Grove.
Complexity 5 (Requires 12 successes before 3 failures)
Primary skills: Nature, Perception
Secondary skills: Endurance, History

Primary skills have an easier DC than secondary skills.

I will not be strictly tracking initiative on skill challenges. However, all party members must make a check before the group can start making their next set of checks.

Valthosian

First Post
Not being an experienced woodsman by any means, Steppyn's senses are a little overloaded as the group makes its way towards their objective. Despite his unfamiliarity with the various outdoor cues, he attempts to rely on what he can see and hear to detect danger, rather than trying to use a more specific skill.

Skill Challenge Skill: Perception. 1d20+5=12 +1 = 13 Edited in, I forgot to add the +1 for 24 hour posting.

[sblock=Mini Stat Block]
Steppyn
- Male Dark Elf Rogue 1
Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 10
AC:17, Fort:10, Reflex:17, Will:14 -- Speed:6
HP:27/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:6/6
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Deft Strike
Sly Flourish

Dazing Strike
Cloud of Darkness
Darkfire
Blinding Barrage
[/sblock]

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Early on in the journey, Steppyn is able to notice the last vestiges of what must have been the path to Marlowe's Grove - a wide, flat patch of dirt stretching beneath some underbrush. With that, the party starts out on the right path.

Skalisss, however, is unable to add anything to Steppyn's observations.

Successes - 1 / Failures - 1

Brain

First Post
Vixo is accustomed to relying on his keen senses and avoiding trouble if it is larger than him. He carefully watches and quietly points out his observations.

Perception check: 1d20+6 → [13,6] = (19)+1 for timely posting =20

Roll Lookup

Vlastos

First Post
Vlastos, who has never been out of the city, is nonetheless quite sharp - call it nerves.

Perception check: 1d20 + 1 -> [12,1] = (19) + 1 for timely posting = 20

He too relays what he notices.

Roll Lookup

Remove ads