• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The New Argonauts for free!

seankreynolds

Adventurer
Well I submitted this as a news item on Tuesday, but as there haven't been any updates since then I'll say it here.

Short form: Sales of The New Argonauts have slowed to a trickle (the book is almost two years old). Accounting for these little amounts (especially as I pay a royalty to my editor and typesetter for each copy sold) is a hassle and no longer worth my time. I could just pull the book from the "virtual shelves," but I feel that we're all better off if works remain available even after they're not financially viable. Therefore I'm going to release TNA for free as of November 1st, 2006. You'll be able to download it for free, make copies for anyone you want, and so on. I'm putting off the free-release until November because I don't want anyone who just bought the book to feel they got ripped off; hopefully this one-month delay is enough time that they feel they got their money's worth. :)

Last edited:

Sigurd

First Post
Most generous and (I hope) wise of you.

Thanks Sean,

I hadn't noticed your pdf before but I'll definitely have a gander at it.

S

I applaud you not wanting it to simply drop out of circulation.

JPL

Adventurer
Good man!

Just looked at the preview stuff...this might be just the thing for the one-shot we're planning in December.

This might already be covered in the full PDF...it occurs to me that an Athlete base class or prestige class would fit in nicely. Maybe start with the d20 Modern talents for Strong, Fast and Tough Hero as possible class abilities...throw in some other options for old-school sports like boxing, wrestling, pankration, running, swimming, jumping, shotput and javelin...

Klaus

First Post
I have to chime in and say that The New Argonauts is great, and very true to the Hellenic legends that inspired it!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads