• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The New Argonauts (OOC Thread)

Douane

First Post
I should be able to look them up if I find the book. (Have it lying around on loan from a friend.)

Any decision on this?

Douane said:
One comment regarding the Thug variant fighter: Since ordinary fighters already lose the heavy armor prof, a Thug should probably lose the light armor as well (leading into the remark in New Argonauts that many duelists fight naked) or not have access to the replacement feat Combat Expertise.

newxpress

First Post
I dont see any reason to take away the light prof for a Thug. A Thug does gain more skill points than a normal fighter but and they lose an extra bonus feat a fighter would get at first level, as well as the shield prof and the ability to wear medium armor like the breatplate.

Apart from flavor in taking away the light armor prof, I dont want to weaken the class as an option anymore than I have to. I think the trade off rules wise of what the Thug gains and loses is still pretty good.

Its a nice option to multi class with a rogue to "toughen" it up and keep the roguish style going.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
newxpress said:
...since you had to travel to see Chiron...
Oh about this. If it's okay I was rather thinking that Aeaxeos would still be pupil of Chiron. So Chiron wouldn't have actually summoned him but rather is about to send him out with the others who he summoned. But this is ofcourse subject to your approval. If it's not okay for whatever reason, is not a big deal.

Douane

First Post
Okay, took a look at the "Black Company". Since the book inherently changes the pricing and money system, it might be the best to work directly off the MW cost itself.

Weapons

There are six levels of Masterwork items:
• Fine (1 benefit) 300 GP
• Excellent (2 benefits) 900 GP
• Exceptional (3 benefits, may double once) 1800 GP
• Superior (4 benefits, may double once) 3600 GP
• Masterwork (5 benefits, may double twice or triple once) 4200
• Masterpiece (6 benefits, may double twice or double once/triple once) 6000

Armor (decidely less expensive which might explain all those seven-layered armors and shields mentioned in the epics)

There are six levels of Masterwork items:
• Fine (1 benefit) 150 GP
• Excellent (2 benefits) 450 GP
• Exceptional (3 benefits, may double once) 900 GP
• Superior (4 benefits, may double once) 1800 GP
• Masterwork (5 benefits, may double twice or triple once) 2100
• Masterpiece (6 benefits, may double twice or double once/triple once) 3000

Remove ads