The new Hobbit movie

was

Adventurer
I am thinking of going to see it tomorrow. Has anybody seen it yet? Without giving spoilers, can you tell me if it's worth the expense?

I saw it Tuesday. It's entertaining. It may not stick to the book enough for some people, but as long as you're not going to let that spoil your experience, its worth the money for a couple of hours of entertainment.

horacethegrey

First Post
As long as the film kept focus on Bilbo and the Dwarves, it was quite good. Unfortunately Peter Jackson stuffed it full of crap that could have been easily cut out, like that overwrought Third Act that seems to go on forever. If you want my more detailed review (which is full of SPOILERS btw) you can read it in the other thread here.

It's a damn shame. I loved PJ's take on LOTR, but his Hobbit trilogy has been somewhat of a disappointment. Mind, it's not as bad as how George Lucas messed the Star Wars prequels, but it's still a letdown from what came before. Still going to make a s**t ton of money either way. :)

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
If you liked the previous two, you'll probably like this. If you didn't like the previous two, you probably won't.

Agreed. Personally (when it comes to The Hobbit and LotR), if I need the story from the books, I re-read the books, so the adjustments to the Hobbit through the three films don't bother me in the slightest. Anyway, I went last Monday to the marathon on the IMAX at Lincolnshire, IL and saw the three films from 1 pm to 9:30 pm, with 20 minute breaks, in 70mm 3D on their 70' x 53' screen. I found it spectacular. :)

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Saw it. Much better than I anticipated. Close to being a Bay film. Obviously lots of scenes were cut at the end. Like the crowning of the new king under the mountain, sharing the gold with the humans, Bilbo getting the treasure of the trolls, etc. I guess Jackson listen to critics.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I caved in and saw it. Had to ask myself if this was Tolkien or Warhammer Fantasy. Came to conclusion that, whatever it was, it had very little Tolkien it. I have not been a fan of the Hobbit trilogy. Too little butter scraped over too much bread, if you ask me. Too much filler and too much focus on all of the wrong stuff.

Remove ads