D&D 3E/3.5 The new tumbling dwarf in 3.5.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Well, I had no shortage of dwarven players even when they were "weak" - some people just like them. Same goes for all the other races, I suppose (except half-orcs, of course. Noone likes them. ;) Actually, they could increase the Str bonus to +6 and give them Scent and Natural Armor +5, and I wouldn't play one.)

Andion Isurand

First Post
a suggestion....

HALF ORC

* +2 strength, -2 charisma
* Medium Size
* +2 racial bonus on Intimidate and Survival Checks
* Darkvsion 60 ft.
* Prefeered class: Any

By doing the half-orcs this way, their big muscles and imbalanced stats are being used as the main racial feature... and with any prefeered class, the half-orc is not stereotyped and can reflect more possible backgrounds.

Does this work?

ForceUser

Explorer
3E dwarves have never been "weak." While the new racial feature makes sense, it's time to stop throwing bonuses onto the race. They are borderline too good for no ECL adjustment.

Darklone

Borderline? I had 3 dwarves in my group before 3.5 and they already rocked. Now they'll unleash hell.

As for the halforcs... I saw enough halforcs in my groups. They are not too weak. I'd rather say they are pretty strong, especially with low point buy systems.

Psiblade

First Post
I have definitely seen my share of Half-orcs in Living Greyhawk and our 28 point buy home campaign! The +2 strength is awesome for a fighter or barbarian.

-Psiblade

Remove ads