The next great superhero movie

Although I was never much of a comic book fan, I always liked superhero movies. They are definitely a mixed bag. Some are superb (Superman 1-2, Xmen 1-2, Spiderman 1-2, Batman 1-2), some are so-so (Hulk, Daredevil), and some are just plain bad (Punisher, Superman 3-4, Batman 3-4). Just out of curiousity, what other superheroes would you all like to see come to the big screen? What might be the next great superhero movie?

I'm just waiting on Iron Man which is supposed to be coming up soon...once I get that, I'll be pleased. Well, I'll REALLY be pleased if we get to see Angel(NOT Archangel) in an X-Men movie...but I doubt that's going to happen.

Really though, there's a huge list of upcomming superhero movies over the next few years and I'm ready for all of em!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
The movie I fear will be bad, very very bad, is the Fantastic Four. What I've heard has not instilled in my any confidence that it'll be worth a buck-fifty, much less $8.

The next great superhero movie, I expect, will be The Incredibles.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
The next great film will probably be Batman Begins. I'm.. waiting on FF, but just what I've heard so far doesn't really make me shiver in anticipation.

Who I'd like to see on the big screen? Nightwing, Green Lantern or Robin from DC. Doctor Strange from Marvel.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Umbran said:
The movie I fear will be bad, very very bad, is the Fantastic Four. What I've heard has not instilled in my any confidence that it'll be worth a buck-fifty, much less $8.

The next great superhero movie, I expect, will be The Incredibles.
I will share in that fear as well, when I first got wind of the premise of FF marked with comedic tones...let's just say, I almost smash my monitor at seeing the byline, but I DO hope that feedback got back to the director(s) and producer(s), that should be not the case *fingers crossed*

And shucks, anything with Pixar...will be worth its weight in gold (HAR THA LADS!!! Har...Har!!)

*ahem*

Well, if FF does not get the level needed to be a good film...there is one person and company to blame.

Trainz

Explorer
David Howery said:
Although I was never much of a comic book fan, I always liked superhero movies. They are definitely a mixed bag. Some are superb (Superman 1-2, Xmen 1-2, Spiderman 1-2, Batman 1-2), some are so-so (Hulk, Daredevil), and some are just plain bad (Punisher, Superman 3-4, Batman 3-4). Just out of curiousity, what other superheroes would you all like to see come to the big screen? What might be the next great superhero movie?
For the record I found Daredevil worse than Punisher. Punisher was OK. Not great, but I could watch a sequel to that.

The Incredibles will be awesome.

The one movie I'm lokking forward to is Sin City. I hope they will make it 18+, because the comic book certainly is. Makes Silence of the Lambs look like Scooby Doo.

There's also Hellblazer, but I'm not holding my breath: the previews are average, and Neo is Constantine... *shivers*

"Woah... I can make pacts with demons... c0ol."

Last edited:

Filby

First Post
I'd love to see anything good from DC, especially Silver Age or (and I'm not holding my breath) Golden Age.

I hear that they're working on scripts for the Spirit (not mainstream DC, but still published by them), Death: The High Cost of Living, and Shazam/Captain Marvel... I'm interested in seeing if those work out. Especially Shazam. I'm a die-hard fan of the one and only Big Red Cheese.

My "wish list" includes -- and note that I don't expect many or any of these to even be considered, I'd just be ecstatic if any were -- Green Lantern (preferably Alan Scott, Hal Jordan would also be awesome), the Flash (any of the three Flashes -- I love them all), any incarnation of the Justice Society, Hawkman, Adam Strange, Swamp Thing, and the Sandman (Wesley Dodds). I'd also love to see a film about the "other" Sandman, Dream of the Endless, but only if Neil Gaiman were behind it.

Jamdin

Explorer
I would like to see more movies featuring DC characters. The top of my want list would be Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Sgt. Rock and Jonah Hex. I also wouldn't mind an anthology horror movie such as the House of Mystery with Cain and Abel.

The Marvel characters that I would like to see include Dr. Strange, Captain America, Rawhide Kid and Iron Man.

Filby

First Post
Jamdin said:
I would like to see more movies featuring DC characters. The top of my want list would be Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Sgt. Rock and Jonah Hex. I also wouldn't mind an anthology horror movie such as the House of Mystery with Cain and Abel.

Come to think of it, I think that Sergeant Rock and Jonah Hex would be pretty well suited to movies. Some other "normal human" characters, too. Maybe Blackhawk? Enemy Ace?

Mmmm, anthology horror, that's a pretty good idea. Cain and Abel... or the Phantom Stranger? Man, that would be awesome.

Last edited:

Remove ads