The next great superhero movie

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I'd probably prefer to see some of the current superheroes portrayed in movies done again, but this time with a better villain cast. Give me Mr. Sinister and/or Apocalypse. Give me Venom and Carnage. It's the bad guys that define the heroes (to a degree).

John Crichton

First Post
I'll make a quick mention that I like the majority of comic book movies. Liked Daredevil, liked Hulk alot (except the ending, that was dumb), loved the Blade series, etc. Haven't seen Punisher yet. Supes and Bats 1 & 2, both X-mens and Spideys. Hellboy.

Okay, with the exception of Superman & Batman 3 and 4 it seems that I really like most comicbook based films. League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - Hmmm. Didn't love it. Okay, back on topic...

The comic movie I'm looking forward to the most right now is Blade: Trinity. Looks very cool.

The one movie I would like to see, and this is no slight on X-men or X2, is an X-men film with Cyclops done correctly and pushed to the forefront. He's one of my favorite X-men and really deserves to be fleshed out more. Wolvie is great and I know why they chose to focus on him but it would be great to see the real Slim onscreen. This probably couldn't be done with the current cast but maybe down the line we'll get a re-imaging (it's bound to happen eventually) with a new production team. Perhaps show the beginnings of the team a la the original Uncanny X-men or even the Ultimates.

Eosin the Red

First Post
I generally have liked superhero movies - I like Punisher, Hulk, and Daredevil, they did not blow my socks off but they were still pretty decent flicks. Hulk had the potential to be staggeringly good but to me they blew a few critical scenes.

Jennifer Garner looks to make one hell of an Electra - I didn't want her doing it until I watched the Punisher Behind the scenes the other day and realized how darn good she is.

A good Capt. America would be dreaming.
A good Superman looks to be nearly impossible.
I am holding out hope that the new Batman will smoke me like a pack of Cools.

Now, esoteric stuff that is just my own little private dream - Rising Stars. That would make one hell of a movie but it would put the scews in the LotR trilogy for movie run time.

Kingdom Come would also rank up there for dream flicks.

If I could just get to see a feature length GRAYSON - I would be happy.

hero4hire

Explorer
Ghost Rider would be cool...Black Panther as played by Wesley Snipes.

I was in love with Linda Carter as a kid...If they could find anyone to fill her....errrr....shoes as Wonder Woman, I'd be interested in taking a gawk..I mean look. :)

Last edited:

KenM

Banned
Banned
John Crichton said:
That is a very cool concept and one that Snipes may be interested in as long as he had some creative input.

From what I heard, there was a Black Panther movie in the works years ago that Snipes signed on for, but it fell apart for some reason. It falling apart let him do Blade.

ddvmor

I'm a little teapot!
Filby said:
My "wish list" includes -- the Sandman (Wesley Dodds). I'd also love to see a film about the "other" Sandman, Dream of the Endless, but only if Neil Gaiman were behind it.

The Golden Age Sandman, eh? That'd be fantastic. It would be nice to see any of those Golden age characters in their original time periods, rather than all the ultra modern stuff that we're seeing at the moment (not that I'm knocking it!). How about a forties Justic League?

I just can't imagine a movie doing justice to Gaiman's Sandman. The scope of it would just be too broad and many of the things that make the Sandman so great just wouldn't translate to the screen.

I'd love to see the Ultimates get a big screen outing - that first comic series was great - Imagine seeing Captain America & co taking down a mad, mad Hulk! Cool!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
There's also some nice superhero stuff that's not in the comics. The original Wild Cards series edited by George RR Martin has some wonderful characters that woudl probably translate well to the movies. I would like to see a well-done move about the Four Aces or The Great and Powerful Turtle.

Filby

First Post
ddvmor said:
The Golden Age Sandman, eh? That'd be fantastic. It would be nice to see any of those Golden age characters in their original time periods, rather than all the ultra modern stuff that we're seeing at the moment (not that I'm knocking it!). How about a forties Justic League?

I just can't imagine a movie doing justice to Gaiman's Sandman. The scope of it would just be too broad and many of the things that make the Sandman so great just wouldn't translate to the screen.

I'd love to see the Ultimates get a big screen outing - that first comic series was great - Imagine seeing Captain America & co taking down a mad, mad Hulk! Cool!

It's a mad, mad, mad, mad Hulk...

You're probably right about Gaiman's Sandman. There's no way it could happen, but it's still a dream of mine.

I would kill for a good movie about the 1940s Justice Society with the original Green Lantern, Flash, Wonder Woman, and Hawkman as the stars, with backup from Doctor Fate, Doctor Mid-Nite, the Sandman, Starman, Hourman, and Johnny Thunder, versus... lemme see... Johnny Sorrow, Brainwave, Solomon Grundy, the Wizard, and maybe some others.

This is what I'd like from Marvel:

Iron Man
Namor
Thor
Captain America (set in the 1940s, ends with Bucky's death and Cap getting frozen in the arctic)
The Avengers (with Iron Man, Thor, the Hulk, and Namor, introducing Ant-Man and the Wasp)
The Avengers 2 (with Captain America)

Steverooo

First Post
Actually, Dr. Strange has already been done... Anyone else remember it? It wasn't the best...

I, too, thought of T'Challa, the Black Panther, and also though of Wesley doing him... I think I'd prefer a new face, though.

I think a great idea would be to have the pre-adamantium Logan (who will become Wolverine), Captain America, Sergeant Rock and the Howling Commandoes, and Nick Fury (pre-SHIELD) up against the Nazis and the Red Skull... Now all we need is a plot! :p

Remove ads