• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Next Imperial Age Setting Book

Walt C

Explorer
Forgive me if I'm in the wrong forum. :confused:

Adamant Entertainment has just released The Imperial Age: British India and The Imperial Age: London is on it's way. I'm considering what setting book to do next and open to ideas.

Currently, I'm thinking Africa or East Asia, but I'm also thinking about another city book or European nation.

Any thoughts?

Walt Ciechanowski
The Imperial Age Line Developer

thelettuceman

First Post
I would think that something like the Imperial Age: China would be a fairly interesting read, particularly during the period of utter domination by the European powers. I would have to look at the books that are out/coming out to be able to say something definitive, though.

Stormborn

Explorer
For a setting book my first vote would be for Hong Kong around the end of the Opium Wars, and then for an East Asia book in general after that.

A short Global Gazetter might also be useful for GMs running a world spanning campaign.

SQuigley316

First Post
Stormborn said:
For a setting book my first vote would be for Hong Kong around the end of the Opium Wars, and then for an East Asia book in general after that.

A short Global Gazetter might also be useful for GMs running a world spanning campaign.

I agree in regards that a World Wide Travelogue would be the next best bet. Giving overviews of the countries political and social happenings at the time and some info on a major city in each area and what type of adventures best fit that area.

Bretbo

First Post
Africa and Asia would be good. North America might be interesting. An off-world location for more sci-fi Victorian Age adventures might be fun (might be best to avoid Mars)...the Moon?

(EDIT: admittedly, off-world would me more "artistic license" than what the line may be going for.)

Last edited:

jezter6

Explorer
I'll agree with Stormborn and say Hong Kong.

Then again, I'd like to see a book about Hong Kong covering a period from Imperial to Modern to maybe a little 'near future.'

Hong Kong is just the coolest little city for literature.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Africa, like India, plays such a large role in Victorian era British fiction (and history) that I'd like to see a Dark Continent sourcebook next.

Walt C

Explorer
Bretbo said:
Africa and Asia would be good. North America might be interesting. An off-world location for more sci-fi Victorian Age adventures might be fun (might be best to avoid Mars)...the Moon?

(EDIT: admittedly, off-world would me more "artistic license" than what the line may be going for.)

Generally, I'd like to keep the setting books as historical as possible in order to have the broadest possible application (which is not to say I don't add the fantastic; British India includes monsters, snake charmers, and Captain Nemo!).

That's not to say I don't think Victorian lunar adventures would be fun, of course!

Walt

Merova

First Post
West Indies

Walt C said:
Currently, I'm thinking Africa or East Asia, but I'm also thinking about another city book or European nation.

Out of the options listed, I vote for Africa. I'm not too excited for any European stuff.

However, I'd actually like to see a product on the British colonies in the West Indies and British Honduras (Belize.) I think such a produce would synergize well with Adamant's Skull & Bones product line. Moreover, it isn't a typical Imperial Age setting, yet similar themes and challenges are present: voodoo in Jamaica, Mayan ruins in Belize, and colonial intrigue regarding the emerging U.S. interest towards imperialism.

I'm also interested in a book on polar exploration.

YMMV.

mikelaff

Explorer
Hey Walt,

I just picked up the India sourcebook last night. I gave it a quick reading. I haven't had a chance to give it a thorough going-over, but I'm very impressed with what I've seen so far.

To answer your question - I'd personally be more partial to an Africa sourcebook.

Remove ads