EN World The old server

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
The old site let me log in, and when I did, it had the Community option available, but when I clicked it, it still just stayed at the "Under Construction" page. Can you disable that message? I believe that if you can, we would be able to access the old Community Group Pages.

darjr

I crit!
The old server is open. https://old.enworld.org

Note you'll have to accept the security warning and click through to the site. It IS encrypted, just the key isn't for the old.enworld.org domain name.

Also there are a ton of www.enworld.org links embeded throughout the old software. Many of them encoded or 'built' in different ways. I've gotten many of them but there are some left I'm sure.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
I notice that it now has a message saying that the old ENWorld server is closed, and an option to travel here, to the new forum.

Is this because you are in the process of copying all of the old Community threads onto some sort of forum? Please say yes! 😛😎

There is a bunch of info on there that we still need. Thanks.

Nagol

Unimportant

OK. So we were told it is available, but all I get is

"This is the old EN World server, which is closed. The new ENWorld server is at ENWORLD

This is the old EN World server, which is closed. The new ENWorld server is at ENWORLD"

So, is it supposed to be available still? If so, is it likely to come back? If so, is there a timetable?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
OK. So we were told it is available,

In August. It's now October, and I think the host has just turned it off. They were doing us a favour keeping the old server running for free for a couple of months.

We have the data downloaded. What do you need from there?

Nagol

Unimportant
In August. It's now October, and I think the host has just turned it off. They were doing us a favour keeping the old server running for free for a couple of months.

We have the data downloaded. What do you need from there?

There were a couple of wiki threads I wanted to grab. One was 1e's DMG 1E - List of 1st Edition AD&D Dungeon Master's Guide Appendices

Only the 1st post came over and I wanted to see if there were more.

The other stuff was in OGRE

Remove ads