The One Ring 2E - Unhappy with Free League's pre-order and shipping

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
While I do have the PDF from when I pre-ordered several months ago, I have yet to even get notificiation about them mailing me the physical books.

These apparently released almost 2 weeks ago.

I checked my status via their site and still unchanged "order received". I sent them an email the response I got was "Sending them out as fast as we can."

What is the point of a pre-order if they arent ready to go out the door Day 1?

Ive been reading I'm not the only one with this issue and apparently while the quality of their RPGs is very high, the quality of the shipping system is very low. I have seen that they do well with their kickstarter mailings though, so thats good.

I won't make the mistake of pre-ordering from their website again and wanted to make others aware.

I've ordered from them and they've been fine.

You've got to remember the effect on supply chains everywhere. I see people complaining about delays like they're the only group being impacted. People here are still buying up PS5's as fast as they come out and it's been what, 2 years now it's been released?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
While I do have the PDF from when I pre-ordered several months ago, I have yet to even get notificiation about them mailing me the physical books.

These apparently released almost 2 weeks ago.

I checked my status via their site and still unchanged "order received". I sent them an email the response I got was "Sending them out as fast as we can."

What is the point of a pre-order if they arent ready to go out the door Day 1?

Ive been reading I'm not the only one with this issue and apparently while the quality of their RPGs is very high, the quality of the shipping system is very low. I have seen that they do well with their kickstarter mailings though, so thats good.

I won't make the mistake of pre-ordering from their website again and wanted to make others aware.
Were you given a shipping date when you pre-ordered?

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
Were you given a shipping date when you pre-ordered?
I don’t recall, it was a few months ago. Either way, I just assumed pre-orders would ship on or before the official release date. Which has come and gone and still no update aside from “we will get to it as quickly as we can.”

If they can’t ship their product on release then seems pointless to have a release date. Works for PDF sales I guess.

Bill Zebub

“It’s probably Matt Mercer’s fault.”
The problem is that TOR 2 is so popular, and FL is not a mega-corporation but a handful of game enthusiasts, so they just don't have the humanpower to (accurately) fill and label all those boxes and get them sent.

Thus, if you don't like waiting, buy only really low-quality RPGs. That way you'll be the only person ordering them, and the publisher will be so excited to actually make a sale they'll personally run to the post office and send you your package.

Me? I'm willing to wait a few weeks to get the good stuff.

Thomas Shey

Legend
Frankly, other than PDFs, believing release dates for almost anyone in the industry is a fool's game. Green Ronin stopped even listing that at one point.

Froderik

Explorer
It tooks months for the TOR2 Kickstarter to get completely shipped. The general release is probably going to follow the same pattern. The misprinted dice snafu isn't going to help the timeline.

Frankly, other than PDFs, believing release dates for almost anyone in the industry is a fool's game. Green Ronin stopped even listing that at one point.
It's flaky with PDFs even, a lot of the time.

A kickstarter I was backing just had its estimated date blow out by 6 months because a lot of the artists are based in Russia, and so it's very difficult to pay them at the moment.

Remove ads